• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing specific detail throughout Cart

signprint

Hi all,

We have a 400+ product shopping cart, i would welcome your input as to the best way to change a telephone number that appears in the description of products.

We have changed our company phone number, and was wondering what the best way to change descriptions on over 300+ products.

Is there a way to search and replace a telephone number that exists in almost every product description ?

Steve

Not through the cart, but you should be able to do it with some simple SQL pattern matching.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Uh, no files.

And it wouldn't be as easy as a "find and replace"

You'd need to run an SQL query on the database to update the product description field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Nightmare !!

Well, I know where I can run an SQL query, but what the hell is the syntax for searching through the whole database / or product_descriptions.

I need to find occurances of "(01202) 729100" and change it to "(01202) 859888".

Anyone help ?

Steve

Somehow, I knew that was going to be your next question.

Try here...

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_functio...ns.html#IDX1202

Archived