• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS server down?

wizardsandwars

Is anyone else having problems getting quotes fro mthe USPS server right now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

"working on the fix"

Is that implying that the isssue *is* with the USPS, and they know about it, and they are working on it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Damn!

Has there been a change in the USPS api or something?

I'm not getting the USPS quotes for the "ship in cart" or the checkout_shipping.php page at all.

All i get is....

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Well thats interesting.  Ship-in-Cart returns USPS fees but checkout_shipping shows the same error as WizardsandWars

Now I feel better. And maybe can find a work around.

Which version of Ship-in-Cart are you using?

Chris, what is your URL, I'd like to take a look for myself

OK, so that's 3 people, and we're all unable to get live quotes from USPS in our ship in cart or our shipping pages.

Sounds to me like the problem is definatly USPS. Their production server is probably down or something.

I've been looking for a contact number or email address, but so far, I han't had any luck.

The official word from the USPS ICCC is that they are in the process of moving some servers around, and re-configuring sopme accounts.

Not everyone is affected, only accounts on the servers that are moving. They expect to have the issue resolved within 24 hours.

Luckily, we offer UPS as well as USPS, so customers can still order, they just won't see that extra low media mail shipping cost, lol.

Archived