• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is ocCommerce for non developer i.e. point & click like

Blacksmith

I'm a developer. I'd like to set a Front Page type user up with OS Commerce, but I need to know that this user will be able to do what they need to do once things are set up....i.e. I need to know that OS Commerce is basically idiot proof once set up.

Thanks.

OSC is end user firendly, as long as they do not need any functionality changed, or deisgn changes above and beyond what you can do in a CSS.

They will not be able to alter the appearance of OSC with front page. And they will not be able to alter the add additional functionality to OSC.

They will be able to add and manage produts, process orders, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Can they insert their own headers and footers easily - i.e. is setting and editing the look and feel straight forward? Is all the functionality straightforward? (basically I just want to be sure, once set up that they will not have to enter their DBase to make alternations or actually have to edit any script....in other words is everything accomplished via a user friendly GUI once set up).

Thank you.

No, you can not alter the look and feel of OSC through a GUI.

All appearance modifications, other than a few fonts and colors, have to be made through editing of the scripts themselves. And the HTML is not seperated from the PHP, so for most appearance modificaitons, you'll need to have experience with both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Can they insert their own headers and footers easily - i.e. is setting and editing the look and feel straight forward?  Is all the functionality straightforward?  (basically I just want to be sure, once set up that they will not have to enter their DBase to make alternations or actually have to edit any script....in other words is everything accomplished via a user friendly GUI once set up).

Thank you.

Note: there is a few "template" systems for OSC that separate some of the HTML out of the code.

There is BTS and STS. I know STS you can modify the layout and such - but with ether and using a GUI editor I have not tired (they tend to bloat code with a lot of extra stuff that is not used/needed)

I have hear of people using Dreamweaver with OSC....maybe that is an option...

Archived