• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help...Autologon 1.04 for MS2

MeMadMax

Hi,

I can not find one of the files that requires changing... account_edit_process.php.chg

Does this contrib work?

Jim

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

.chg means it has changes in the file you can make to your own php file. its for people that have allready altered the file and dont wat to over write it.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I know .chg means it has changes in the file you can make to your own php file. But I don?t have a file called account_edit_process.php so then, I just add this file as is?

Thanks,

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

• 4 weeks later...

that file is not part of the oscommerce file tree in ms2.2. my guess is the person that updated it didn't package the update files correctly or didn't update the instructions. the readme still says v1.03 which is not ms2.2 compatible.

so what..?

could anyone solve this?

The contribution says it's 1.04 for MS2 but the ReadMe is from 1.03 :huh:

where to put the code from account_edit_process.php.chg ?

There is also other code in .chg files that does not exactly match to where it should be copied, but I think (hope) I could figure it out, but where goes this part?

any solutions in this issue?

does this contrib actually work somewhere with MS2?

Thanks for help.

m

Ditto on the missing file. I do have it in my old site, but I did a fresh install at my new site and account_edit_process.php doesn't exist.

Hopefully someone can figure out where it flew to and bring it back home. The Autologon feature worked GREAT on my old site.......

I was running MS 2.2 CVS

I checked both versions (Milestone & CVS). Neither package contains this file.

In MS2 account_edit_process.php has been folded into account_edit.php. The code is mostly the same, just in a different place in the file.

Regards

Jim

PS Is it just me, or are all the questions the same today? :D

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi all did the relevant modifications but now am getting some page layout problems on my test website.... in that the right column was very wide... i fixed this problem but now the footer bar will not load correctly (ie the one that has the date and number of requests.

BUT All these problems only occur on the first load... ie when you press refresh the problem dissapears... auto logon doe appear to work however.

here is the website for those who want to see it in action...

http://www.inquisitivemind.com.au/musclegenesis/

Just checked your site. The bottom bar doesn't load correctly for me, and reload doesn't help. This could be a code error in the right column or the footer itself. If it actually corrects itself in a reload then this could be a PHP error. Version 4.2.x of PHP has a nasty bug. If you are using this version the best solution is to upgrade.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got this kind of working on my oscommerce MS2.2. The only problem I have is when I go to the index.php page and no cookies are saved it keeps redirecting to logoff.php and sits in a loop trying to load logoff.php.

In fact it happens on any page that isn't logn.php.

Anyone know...? I am debugging at the moment but figured someone would have encountered this problem?

Dan

Finally managed to get this great contribution working on MS2

Version 1.05 is now available for download in the contribution section. Hopefully it should fix the installations problems for a virgin install of OSC2.2 MS2.

Download here

I have got this kind of working on my oscommerce MS2.2. The only problem I have is when I go to the index.php page and no cookies are saved it keeps redirecting to logoff.php and sits in a loop trying to load logoff.php.

In fact it happens on any page that isn't logn.php.

Anyone know...? I am debugging at the moment but figured someone would have encountered this problem?

ModYourCar

i had a simular problem the other day the problem you are having is more likley caused by a certain sid killer you may have installed there was one i cant remember which one caused it, since I deleted it but it kills session ids so search engines can crawl your site better well it doesnt work too well with auto logon and will do a countinuous loop of log off the only way to escape this is by either taking out the auto logon mod or the sid killer

Edited by john77

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I can not find one of the files that requires changing... account_edit_process.php.chg

Does this contrib work?

Jim

This contrib does work, drop the process and just use account_edit.php or whatever the filename is without the process like account_edit_process.php.chg is the changes in account_edit.php file..A typo I'm sure.

Best Regards