• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forgive me for being very basic

Lea

I am new here -and please for give me for being very basic, but it is not obvious to me.

I stumbled upon this store as part of my nureal hosting - i got the option to activate a catalog - and thought - hey whats this - I'll give it a go - a free shop?

However now I am not sure what it is - is it a shop I can use for my own products - a bit like a click and build shop from worldpay?

or

is it an affiliate shop that I will get a share of profits?

or

something else?

I must be stupid - but just landing here, then seeing that I could put in my email for the shop "owner" freaked me out - please - what is it?

I had a look around in the admin - but am none the wiser

Lea

However now I am not sure what it is - is it a shop I can use for my own products - a bit like a click and build shop from worldpay?

Not really

or

is it an affiliate shop that I will get a share of profits?

Yes, if you want to - it is an option - howerver you would have to find a company like Avon for your product.

or

something else?

Yes. It is a full "SHOPPING CART" with a TON of options (plus over 1500 downloadable & installable option - "Contributions" or "Mods")

It is for Anything you would like to give away or sell or what not. Does not have to be a physical product but could be virual like software, images, Domain names, and many other things.

I had a look around in the admin - but am none the wiser

May be you should start by visiting http://wiki.oscommerce.com or http://www.oscdoc.com.

Good Luck

Thankyou - it has to be the most basic question I have ever asked on a forum - forgive me - you would think I was new to the internet - but I have a click and build shop - and dont like it - so can I put all my stuff on this - and stop paying worldpay $30 a month?

Is this free?

Can I use my paypal account?

If so then Its time I got reading the whole of this forum from end to end - and stoped asking stupid questions.

Cheers

Lea

can I put all my stuff on this - and stop paying worldpay $30 a month?

Is this free?

Can I use my paypal  account?

If so then Its time I got reading the whole of this forum from end to end - and stoped asking stupid questions.

Cheers

Lea

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

It is not as idiot-friendly as the click and build shop, but it has the potential to be much more customisable. Be prepared to work at it and learn a lot. It took me 4 weeks of work to set up my shop and I finished with 2 hours to go to my self-imposed opening date. Still tweaking actually, but the majority was done.

Welcome to the osc family ;)

You can also still use worldpay as a merchant account. I use them also. That way you don't lose your setup fee. But you can have paypal as well.

Archived