• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newbie setting up appserv-32.2.2.0 for oscommerce...

kcantin

Hello all, I have downloaded appserv-32.2.2.0 which bundles php4, apache web server, mysql and mysqladmin all in one package. I've also downloaded the latest free downloadable version of oscommerce to install.

Even though I've had this software running on my win2k server (workstation) I am very nervous about installing on the actual LIVE server!! I have a million and one questions running through my head. lol

Right now I have a live website running on IIS 5 with frontpage extensions also running for front page support. The site is active now but, it's just an under construction site until I actually get the shoping cart up and running. Should I turn off the site before installing anything? Also, is it ok to install the apache web server? Is it required or, can I just used IIS which is already running and is what the web site is using. Please help!! :? Can anyone out there kinda walk me through this with in the forum or, in messenger? I currently have yahoo messenger running... Thanks in advance

~Kevin

Kevin J. Cantin

Archived