• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] AmazonAffiliate

flood6

I just submitted my first contribution. See it at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1499

It basically lets you put your amazon.com affiliate advertisement inside a box on your site. This is an extremely simple addon that I made because I wanted the affiliate link to "gel" better with my site and I couldn't find where anyone else had submitted it. This box has been tested with MS1 and MS2 with no problems, and it is simple enough that I can't imagine it not working with any recent or near-future osCommerce versions. The inspiration came from a stock PHPNuke block by Francisco Burzi that modified the basic amazon ad into a really nice looking Nuke block. I was unable to recreate the functionality that the original had, but I guess it was a step in the right direction. My hope is that a real programmer will take over and crank out something better. I put the Nuke block in the contribution download so someone can try to use that as a base to make something better. The install is very simple and clean. If anybody ever gives it a shot post your comments here.

On my drive to work this morning, I figured out what was stumping me last night when I posted 1.0 to the contribution section, so I got to work and spent company time working on this thing. 1.1 has two diffrent views to use. Thanks to Francisco Burzi of PHPNuke, in general and specifically for his block-Amazon script that I used for this addon.