osCommerce

The e-commerce.

usps api shipping label, online labels integrated

goldencrown

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I still have the problem. I ended up using oscmax & I just installed the usps label contribution yesterday & I still have the problem. I was going to look into changing the path & directory they are in, but I haven't gotten that far with it yet.

Dan,

Make sure they are in the admin\includes\languages\english\images\buttons folder. You may want to delete them and reupload them to make sure there not corrupt.

Also, depends on what mod u upload them in,,

as a rule of thumb,,

all php files should be uploaded in ASCII Mode, and all graphics in Binary mode.

If this dont resolve it,, let me know,, i'll try to help u trouble shoot farther

i am no pro,, but always willing to help if i can.

Regards

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update with the USPS shipping labels....

As you all know I am working on a batch processing of shipping labels. Here were I am at...

I just completed two successful requests to the USPS servers and got a shipping label back from them... so success... now just need to be able to repeat the process for a 150+ orders....

Here are my thoughts... I am thinking of integrating it with this contribution.

batch processing

Or creating another version of the batch processing module just for USPS processing.

Another thought is during the processing is take a copy of the shipping label and insert it into the database. Just in case we need to reprint a label for what ever reason... my only concern is how big is this going to make our database... would this be a good idea. Any thoughts would help...

Another issue that I have is orders that require more then one shipping label.... here are some concerns...

1. Would both boxes be the same weight? If they are then we can have two requests... but if the boxs are not the same weight should we either a. put back in to processing and then do the old way of one label at a time.

Ideas for the future... being able to have adjustable label sizes for some people that have smaller items... maybe a template system label thing....

Any other ideas much appreciated

Biscochitos almost as good as grandma

Here is an update with the USPS shipping labels....

As you all know I am working on a batch processing of shipping labels. Here were I am at...

I just completed two successful requests to the USPS servers and got a shipping label back from them... so success... now just need to be able to repeat the process for a 150+ orders....

Here are my thoughts... I am thinking of integrating it with this contribution.

batch processing

Or creating another version of the batch processing module just for USPS processing.

Another thought is during the processing is take a copy of the shipping label and insert it into the database. Just in case we need to reprint a label for what ever reason... my only concern is how big is this going to make our database... would this be a good idea. Any thoughts would help...

Another issue that I have is orders that require more then one shipping label.... here are some concerns...

1. Would both boxes be the same weight? If they are then we can have two requests... but if the boxs are not the same weight should we either a. put back in to processing and then do the old way of one label at a time.

Ideas for the future... being able to have adjustable label sizes for some people that have smaller items... maybe a template system label thing....

Any other ideas much appreciated

so i just came from the post office and they said that we can pay for shipping throught a permit but must follow the shipping guide lines. fyi permit cost $150.00

1. ship 200 packages or ship a min of 50 pounds...

and you will have to pay via the bulk maill processing center. so that means not all postoffices will be able to take your mail.... also means you will only be able to ship during open hours.. I don't like that... :'(

They also gave me other options.

endicia.com

they allow you to pay for shipping at the sametime of processing orders. They also allow you to hide how much you are paying for shipping so you can hide a handling fee if you are charging one.which we do They charge 15.90 each month for there service.yearly cost $190.80 :angry:

They do allow a xml interface so i will be able to create a batch file from oscommerce and then it can be downloaded to there "dazzle" program. it will print the shipping labels. and it will create an xml file that we can use to update the orders with. kind of the same process that i am creating now just more steps invloved... <_<

So what do you guys think.. has anyone worked with endicia.com before.. how do you like there service...

Ok so I setup an account with endicia.com and I don't like there interface that much. I checked out stamps.com and there interface is about the same. I am not very happy with these kind of results... the funny thing is that I can print out the same shipping labels and have an email sent out for free.. I checked out the forums and there are people requesting for the xml interface for endicia.com.... Now I know why no one has tackled the delivery Confirmation system. so bottom line what do you guys want to do create an interface with endicia or go to the post office and drop off to the front counter and have them process each order.... the other option is create an interface with stamps... for each referral I would get 60 dollars and they have it setup were you will get a free digital scale and 25 dollars. Same cost for endicia of 15.99 a month...

I just don't know about this. I mean this is not what I had in mind....

Feed back needed

Right now I use USPS Labels just fine and when I drop them off, I just drop them off and the lady just goes thru them when she has time. Never had a problem. I would just say stay with the USPS. I don't feel like paying for somebody else's service. It would just add to the markup of the product.

Corey

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, this looks like one of those great contribs that make OSC the best out there! Just a quick question before I add it to my already heavily modded site. Ok, maybe two questions. Does anyone know of any compatability issues with other contribs? Can one of you folks give a quick rundown of the features? I understand the one at a time factor, but the advantage of free Delivery Confirmation would save me a bundle. I can also drop off at the back door if they're paid. So, if you would be so kind, can you give us an idea of the process? Options? EX: can I manually add the weight to the order?

Si este me sirve, voy a comprar muchos biscochitos! :thumbsup:

Dan,

its really rather simple,,

you can edit not only the weight, but all aspects of the lable prior to taking it to the pay / print area.

In fact, with my orders, i pack them, put them on scale and weight them and adjust the weight myself so i dont over pay, or under pay and cause a return and late delivery.

I do pay for mine online as well, and there is also an option to scedual a pickup after you have paid, as that is part of the usps options.

and yes,, u can take advantage of the Free delivery confirmation option.

Hope this helps

Tom

Thanks, Tom!

I figured it would do that but wasn't sure. The time and $ savings make this too good to pass up. Now if I could get my local PO to come get them. When I told them it was up to 150 at a time, they stammered, stuttered and stalled. I could push the issue but then will my customers' plants become warehouse footballs? It is a notorious office. Just down the road they are amazing but they can't bring a truck into my zip code. :angry:.

I'll miss the free labels and the hours I spent modifying OSC to print them (USPS 228).

but free Delivery Confirmation makes it so nice! Also, now I can use loading dock drop-off at a very close PO instead of the one 15 miles away.

I see on ebay there are mostly ripped off UPS label sheets offered. And the price at label universe is really high. Does anyone know of an alternative? Maybe we could ask USPS to print one scaled for this?

I also bought a scale that will read shipping rates of three or four carriers. This is great for me because my plants must arrive within the week they are shipped and I'd like to take advantage of UPS and/or DHL to ship my closer material. I include all shipping and handling in the price, so anything I save, I keep.

I also have disclaimers and an image that must go on the package. It is currently set to print on the 228 label but that will have to change so I'm looking into printed packing tape. My cost per package for printed tape will go from 4 cents to 4.5 cents on average. This will save me from having to print and apply another label to the box. Time and money, time and money. :)

OK, so I know I've rambled but maybe my experience can help someone so I figured I should write it out.

• 1 month later...

This is a great contribution and it has saved me tons of time and mouse clicks.

Recently something hit me really bad -- address issue. I noticed that the shiping address passed to USPS website is actually Customers address, but not their shipping address. In >90% cases, the Customers address = Shipping address. However, the longer you run the store, the more chances of customers moving. Then their addresses change. I found that my customers usually don't change their Customer's address after they move. They simply put the new address as Shipping Address. This is perfectly fine. However, when I used this contribution to generate labels, their old address was printed. I first noticed this problem (costed me to resend the whole order) and then thought probably I could just check the labels every time to make sure the right address is passed. Afterall in majority cases the address is the same. But I failed. I was in a hurry to get orders out this afternoon and printed labels without double check. I was then informed by a customer that in the email notice sent from USPS the address on the label is wrong. That's her old address. Arhh, another cost of sales. :angry:

So I think it's better to fix this problem rather than relying on manual check of addresses. Has anyone here notice this problem or has a solution already? I know it should be quite easy, may just need to change a few things to get the address from Shipping Address not the Customers Address. But I don't know where to change.

Your help is truely appreciated.

Wendy

Oh, please delete my previous post. Right after I posted my message, I went back and took a look of the readme file again. It was such a stupid mistake. I should have read this that the USPS Label Shipping is to send package to shipping address! Well, I guess i paid my price for not reading it thoroughly. :(

Sorry about that. I don't know how to delete the post.

Wendy

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I just installed this contribution and I have a problem. When I click to USPS Label Shipping buttom, it goes to USPS page with all information from my order and that is great, but when I click on Continue button I am getting this message

Error 404: Servlet Not Found: com.usps.shipping.domestic.servlets.ShipmentPrepServlet

I have an account with USPS.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Hello,

I just installed this contribution and I have a problem. When I click to USPS Label Shipping buttom, it goes to USPS page with all information from my order and that is great, but when I click on Continue button I am getting this message

Error 404: Servlet Not Found: com.usps.shipping.domestic.servlets.ShipmentPrepServlet

I have an account with USPS.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

I am having the same problem & mine was working approx. 7 days ago. It is as if USPS changed the scripts & servers. Anyone else run into this?

Tony Mazz

Yup,, looks like they changed something. I just sent a text msg to the creator, maybe he will have a clue. I do know he has changed shippers, but he might have an ideal of what they done.

Good luck to all,

Regards

Tom

I am having the same problem & mine was working approx. 7 days ago. It is as if USPS changed the scripts & servers. Anyone else run into this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I read all the post in this thread and the others and was able to get the differentshipping.php to sort of work. Any body has the changes required for customershippinglabel.php?

When I click either USPS buttons from the admin/order page, the customershippinglabel.php and differentshipping.php load with errors (bottom left of IE). It displays: Applet com.ibm.lex.services.DetectPluginApplet notinited. What's that?

Looking at the source of the 2 programs I also notice a problem at the end of the programs in method:

function doMicrosoft()

{

var applet = document.myApplet;

if(applet == null)

{

displayPopup();

return;

}

var version = applet.getJavaVersion();

version = version.substring(0,3);

if(version < 1.3)

{

}

Notice it's missing a closing curly brace '}' in the if(version < 1.3) if block.

• 9 months later...
is this an abandoned contrib? I need help. :)

or is there a new thread somewhere?

Same here,

I'm getting this when i submit my form

'Error 404: Invalid path was requested'

Anyone with a fix for this?

Same here,

I'm getting this when i submit my form

'Error 404: Invalid path was requested'

Anyone with a fix for this?

The creator of the contribution is working on this, the postal service changed their web site about two days ago and we all have this problem.

Some progress at this link, last three or four posts

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...abel&st=140

I am missing it badly too.

Wolfgang

Edited by wooffi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone .. its been a while since I have been on here ...

Is there anyone who REALLY knows this contribution that would be willing to install it for me? We have a pretty modified store but I imagine this has little to do with what we have modified.

I just dont have time ... am also looking for someone to do some other things.

Email me if you can do it and let me know your price .... chaynie_atlantechinc_com

Thanks!