<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

I inserted the banner via admin and then entered 'My Banners' (the group I created via admin) at the appropriate line in footer.php, so why isn't it showing? Did I miss a step here? I'm still kinda new to this php "thing" but I'm getting there...Can someone help me out with this please?

Thanks in advance :D

Okay, I've tried to insert a banner in My Admin using both the HTML [for]and the IMAGE itself. I've edited my footer.php accordingly (see above post), replacing "480x50" with "my banners" (no caps---ignore what's above because the caps were removed) after creating this group in My Admin. What am I missing here :?: Is there something else that needs to be edited? Please help. Thanks:)

Hey Jeff,

"Am having the same problem. Inserted the banner via the Admin Panel, change the directory permission to chmod 777. Still, the banner failed to show up. Can't seem to figure this out. Uploaded image through FTP and Admin panel and also through html, nothing seems to work.

Regards

Boldness, Genius, Magic and Power.

Jai...I'm still getting nowhere with it, too. All that's showing is the little "clear" box with the red "X" in it, so I thought maybe it was an extension problem (.gif or .jpg confusion), but that's not it. I can't figure out why it's not showing. I'm also trying to add a UPS map to my shipping page, but not getting anywhere there, either... :cry: Let me know if you figure it out...I'll do the same. :)

Jai,

Here's what I did to fix the problem: First of all, go back into your Admin and then to Tools and then Banner Manager. First things first: NAME the banner (it doesn't appear to matter what it is, even if it's different from the file name). Next, make sure you insert the URL for the banner, otherwise, it will end-up linking right to your directory on the web! (No joke---I did this and almost flipped for a split-second when I saw it come up after clicking on the banner). VERY IMPORTANT: I could NOT get the HTML to work for my banner, even though I KNOW it's rock solid and SHOULD have worked...BUT, make sure you do NOT have an image AND the HTML inserted. GET RID OF the HTML and insert an image instead...It's the only way I could get it to work. Also, I did NOT use the "468x50" group, I simply added in the name "my banners" and used that instead (make sure you do this if your banner is NOT this---468x50---size).

Next, you need to open up your footer.php file in "shop/includes". Scroll down to Line 49 (approx.) and you will see the following:

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

(it looks exactly like this)

If you did NOT add a new banner group in admin, then you won't have to do anything here...Otherwise, if you created a new name like mine:

You MUST change the '468x50' to 'my banners'...I just deleted '468x50' (leave the single quotes alone here) and added 'my banners' (make sure you leave BOTH "close parentheses" and the left "close bracket" intact!).

Give it whirl and let me know how it goes... :lol:

From Jeff

"if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

(it looks exactly like this)

If you did NOT add a new banner group in admin, then you won't have to do anything here...Otherwise, if you created a new name like mine:

You MUST change the '468x50' to 'my banners'...I just deleted '468x50' (leave the single quotes alone here) and added 'my banners' (make sure you leave BOTH "close parentheses" and the left "close bracket" intact!)."

From Jai

I did created a banner group name in the Admin panel. So you mean I should change the '468x50'(footer.php) to the name I inserted in the banner group. what about resizing my banner to 468x50 in photoshop,

then load it up in the banner manager. Would that work? :idea:

Thanks Jeff.

Jai...No, it isn't necessary for you to resize your image. As The_Bear explained, the "468x50" is just a group name (and a very common banner size, which is why it was probably included in the Banner Manager, I think). I use Photoshop, too (the banner I have isn't nearly this size and it's actually square-shaped, not rectangular), which is what I used to shrink it down a little before uploading it in Admin. Of course, you'll want to resize your banner if it takes up too much space in the footer, but that's a matter of personal taste.

As far as changing the name in the footer.php, YES, just simply delete '468x50' (remember to leave the single quotes there) and rename it to whatever group name you added in your Admin.

It worked for me, Jai...Let me know how you do... :)

Hi Jeff,

Finally, It worked. :lol:

I really appreciate all your efforts. The nightmare is over.

But, the question is: Do I have to repeat this process everytime I upload a new banner.

Thanks again.

Hit me back

jai

Take a look at the site:

www.soulposter.com

Jeff, Can I move the banner to the top of the page? (header.php). Or I might screw up things. what do you think? Cos' it won't be a bad idea to position the banner at the header. Maybe, you have another idea. Please, toss it my way.

Thanks

Jai

Jai...If I'm right on this, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, everytime you upload a new banner into your Admin, you will have to click on the "green light" after you make the upload in order for the new banner to appear. Good site, Jai...My site is not up yet, but posters is something that we (my partner and I) will be selling as well (nothing like the excellent selection you have; we're sticking to movie posters only, but will have lots of other goodies, too). Well done, Jai...I'm glad it worked for you. Best of luck to ya, mate. :lol:

Jai...To be honest, after looking at your site, leaving that PayPal banner at the bottom is a good idea...It would take away from the look of your site, and if I were a customer, seeing an advertisement at the top of your page wouldn't entice me very much at all. I think you did well with the way things look, and should leave things as they are; but if you want to switch it 'round, that's all up to you :lol:

Jai...Could you please tell me how you inserted the "We Accept PayPal" box with that logo? Yours is the first osCommerce site that I've seen that has that, which is exactly what I want to add to my site, yet I do not know how to do it. Please advise...Much Thanks! :)

Jeff,

Go to paypal. If you don't already have an account, Then you have to create one. If you already have an account. Click on;

"Refer Merchants - Earn up to $100".

It's on the left side bar when you login. Copy that html text under the logo and insert it into the html field in your banner manager, then click update. Also, right click the banner and save on your desktop, then upload that paypal banner into your image folder.

I named my "group" paypal. Then, change "486x50" to 'payapl'. Bingo.

Goodluck Jeff.

Tell me how it goes.

jai

On your site, under your currencies box, you have another box with the heading "We Accept", and then the PayPal logo inside it. I've been a business account holder with PayPal (for use on eBay) for several years, and now that I'm launching my own site, I'd like to emulate the very same thing that you have. It's well done and it catches the eye...I just don't know how to add a box like that, nor where to add it. I also need the logo, but I guess I'll just look at Paypal to see if they still have it. I'd just right-click on it in your site and "save picture as" but only with your consent. If you could let me know how to add the box with that logo, I'd appreciate it, mate. Thanks :)

Sorry, Jeff,

I thought you wanted to insert the bottom paypal referral logo.

You are talking about "we accept paypal". Give me your email address. Then I will send the file that will give you the instruction on how to do that. Or you can get it from "Contribution Oscomerce site". If you know what I mean. You can also copy mine image if you want (right on my paypal verified).

later jai,

Sorry for the comunication issue.

Goodluck

Since you already have account with Paypal, then follow this instruction:

Goodluck Jeff!!

Updated by elari 2N0128

now provide a link directly to your paypal account using your paypal id as defined in admin for module payment paypal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find my work usefull you can send me some money ...

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=elar...rrency_code=EUR

If you need a custom install for Oscommerce, contact me....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Card in a Boxes of OSC

[email protected]

http://www.movion.com

go to any packages and see custom shop demo

******** IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO MAKE A BACK-UP FIRST **********

Here my first contrib to OSC. It feels nice to give little back. Hope to add more contributions

STEP1

Copy into catalog/includes/boxes

card.php

STEP2

Upload cards.gif to catalog/images directory

STEP3

Backup

******** IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO MAKE A BACK-UP FIRST **********

BACKUP /catalog/includes/column_left.php

BACKUP /catalog/includes/language/english.php (or whatever language)

STEP4

In column_left.php in the catalog/includes directory inset following where you want to add this box (or column_right.php)

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'card.php');

Then open your english.php file (or whatever language) in the catalog/includes/languages folder and add

// categories box text in includes/boxes/card.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CARD', 'We proudly accept');

** Change 'We proudly accept' to whatever you want. It's heading of the card infobox

changed by elari

// categories box text in includes/boxes/card.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CARD', 'We accept Paypal');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_CARD', 'You can use secured services of paypal to send us money via our email account ');

Modify it if you want. If you make it better, please contribute it to me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Jai...It took a little while, but I finally got the new box on the site. Thanks for helping me with this...It looks really nice but, when I hold the cursor over the PayPal logo and the "hover" box shows up, it says this:

BOX_INFORMATION_CARD . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID)

Also, when I click on the image and go to PayPal, I get this:

Error Detected

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

If this payment is for an eBay auction, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for helping me, mate :)

Jai...Here's exactly what I have in the card.php file:

*/

?>

<!-- Card Info Box //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => BOX_HEADING_CARD

);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',

// 'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cards.gif') .

//elari chanegd to provide a link to your payment acount

'text' => '<a href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID .'&currency_code=USD" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'paypal_logo3.gif' , BOX_INFORMATION_CARD . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID). '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cards.gif', BOX_INFORMATION_CARD . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID) . '</a><br>'

);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td></tr>

<!-- card_eof //-->

Is anything wrong here? :?:

Jeff

I don't want buyers to click on my verified logo, I just want them to know I accept credit cards and paypal. So, get rid of the "Information_BOX" ( it shoul be in your english.php if 'am right.

Then, that should do it.

Goodluck

jai

get rid of this:

//elari chanegd to provide a link to your payment acount

'text' => '<a href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID .'&currency_code=USD" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'paypal_logo3.gif' , BOX_INFORMATION_CARD . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID). '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cards.gif', BOX_INFORMATION_CARD . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID) . '</a><br>'

Jai...I still want to keep the link there simply because it provides the means to get to PayPal very easily and since I don't have their banner in my footer (I have my webhost's banner there), I'd like to keep the link to promote the ease of using this link and hopefully attract customers who might not already have an account with or even heard of PayPal. It's just a sound business strategy, as I'm sure you know, to provide various payment options for your customers, especially those who do not possess credit cards but do have checking accounts...PayPal rocks. :lol:

Archived