• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature v1.6 (for osc 2.2 MS2)

Thanks for all the solutions posted so far!

One last problem: I am trying to set my text area input area (where the customer types) so that it is one line with 28 available characters.

Any suggestions?

In the Lenght option ( make it 28)

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Lenght option ( make it 28)

Already done. That makes the character length equal 28, but the input box on the product page is still huge (5 lines). I am looking to get that input box to be one line. I tried changing the code in the product_info.php from 5 rows to 1 row, but it still shows very large.

Already done. That makes the character length equal 28, but the input box on the product page is still huge (5 lines). I am looking to get that input box to be one line. I tried changing the code in the product_info.php from 5 rows to 1 row, but it still shows very large.

Sorry; do not have a cloe.

I was thinking of installing Option Type Feature v1.6 but I have another attribute contribution installed(Linkmatics_AttributeSetsPlus_v1.01). Has anyone merged these two together, or know if they work together?

i dont see how it could interfere... this adds an option - there is no connection to this 'option' contribution and stock/attributes... it simply allows another (few) methods of options in product_info.php

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm having the 'nothing but dropdowns' problem also. This is a clean install with only Easy Populate as another contribution.

I read that someone said configure.php had permissions set to 444 and that seemed to be the problem? What configuration did you use because anything I change leads to the "I can write to your configure.php file" error in screaming hot pink at the top of the page.

Also, could you direct me to information on how to make it so customers can upload files as an attribute? We have to accept images as part of this project. I'm going to restrict them to jpgs of 1MB or less but I haven't figured out quite how to make that happen as an attribute.

One last thing - what would I use to order the attributes the way I want them to appear? The ID number doesn't seem to have an effect.

I know when I get this to work it's going to be booty-kickin'!

Thanks for any help!

Kathy

Edited by skase98

Hi,

Has anyone had problems concerning text options where the customer enters text containing an apostrophe? In my cart, these options are added to the cart correctly, including the apostrophe. But if the customer then clicks update - to change the quantity ordered, or to remove something else from the cart, then the options are lost. This only happens if the option text contains an apostrophe - carts showing options with just plain text can be updated freely without problem.

I'm thinking that this has to do with classes/shopping_cart.php....if anyone is happy to share their copy of that file, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thank in advance,

A,

I still have only a drop down box with the word text in it. I dont have any templates or options as images installed. I reuploaded everything making sure configure.php is set to 444 but still no love. It is not a clean version im working with but it is not so heavily modified that I had any problems installing this contrib. Im sure it is something stupid but no matter whether I try text or text area of any length, it still only shows a drop down box. Can someone point me to the solution, I read all 26 pages of this thread and many others but I still dont see where anyone posts the solution. TIA

I still have only a drop down box with the word text in it. I dont have any templates or options as images installed. I reuploaded everything making sure configure.php is set to 444 but still no love. It is not a clean version im working with but it is not so heavily modified that I had any problems installing this contrib. Im sure it is something stupid but no matter whether I try text or text area of any length, it still only shows a drop down box. Can someone point me to the solution, I read all 26 pages of this thread and many others but I still dont see where anyone posts the solution. TIA

I reuploaded all the files and then it worked. Still no idea why I'm having other problems but this one is 'solved'!

I reuploaded all the files and then it worked. Still no idea why I'm having other problems but this one is 'solved'!

stranger things have happened! It's amazing the number of times when re-uploading files gets a contribution working.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am getting triplicates in the Option Value column in the Product Attributes page.

In the Product Attributes page, when I create a Product Option on the left it creates THREE entries under the Option Values on the right. Is this NORMAL? Is it okay? When I created the Option "FULL NAME" on the left side, it created THREE entries on the right, giving them an ID of ZERO. I then created an option named "NICKNAME" on the left side, and it created THREE entries on the right, giving them an ID of ZERO, too.

Now if I click one of the EDIT buttons next to one of the FULL NAME or NICKNAME option values on the right, it opens ALL SIX options (3 for nickname and 3 for full name). Now I know this can't be right... can it?

When I pull the product up in the Catalog, only ONE nickname and ONE full name fields appear. So it LOOKS like it's working okay.

Do I need to be worried or concerned about the triplicate entries? Should I do anything about it? Has anyone else come across this?

FYI - I did a clean install and then performed the contribution install.

Thanks again for you superb help.

Nathan

Edited by nkaryb

I used the manual instructions to install input boxes on my site but can not figure out how to fix this error:

Call to undefined function: count_contents()

Can you help me please?

That function SHOULD be in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php - it's used by more than just this contribution.

Mine looks like this:

function count_contents() { // get total number of items in cart

$total_items = 0;

if (is_array($this->contents)) {

reset($this->contents);

while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {

$total_items += $this->get_quantity($products_id);

}

}

return $total_items;

}

If you add that to the file specified above, it should overcome your error....

A.

Hello,

Being new at this I am trying to be extra safe. I have downloaded all the files and the manual install instructions. I am comparing each file from the archive with the instructions in the manual install text.

I have a question, what if I find changes in the file compare that are not documented in the manual instructions?

Specifically in shopping_cart.php I am talking of line about 168:

if (is_array($attributes)) {

reset($attributes);

while (list($option, $value) = each($attributes)) {

$this->contents[$products_id_string]['attributes'][$option] = $value;

If I search for the word reset in the instructions, I do not find it in the shopping_cart.php selection.

Right now, I am following the files if I find a conflict. I hope it turns out ok.

- Roger

In my Admin>Product Attibutes under Product Options I am missing the Option Name Value. It looks like the table column is missing. Everything else shows but all is shifted left by one column. If I click on edit, it shows the option name.

I would guess the problem would be in admin/products_attributes.php but I don't know where the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have several text fields and they are allowed to be blank. What I would like is an option to "confirm" above choices and then to make sure it is checked before going forward.

Is there any way to do that with this contrib? If not, where should I go?

Hello.

Great contribution ! However I got one problem. When using the text field it will not remember the text to the left of the box as the original attributte logic does. Example:

Original logic looks like this:

Size: X-large

The text "Size: X-large" will be shown in cart, order confirmation etc.

This contribution with text box:

Name: Peter

Only "Peter" will be shown in cart, order confirmation etc.

What is wrong ?

Did you ever get a reply? I have two text fields and in the email, there the description text is gone.

- Roger

QUOTE(dux @ Oct 31 2006, 05:07 AM)

Hello.

Great contribution ! However I got one problem. When using the text field it will not remember the text to the left of the box as the original attributte logic does. Example:

Original logic looks like this:

Size: X-large

The text "Size: X-large" will be shown in cart, order confirmation etc.

This contribution with text box:

Name: Peter

Only "Peter" will be shown in cart, order confirmation etc.

What is wrong ?

Did you ever get a reply? I have two text fields and in the email, there the description text is gone.

- Roger

Hello Roger,

I have the same problem of the option name that doesn't appear in the order process. I've found a solution that seems to work but I don't know if it's the right one....

The problem is well known (see readme.htm >>> 5. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)

Q. The Option name isn't being displayed in the shopping cart, order confirmation, or confirmation email?

A. This almost always indicates a problem with your data. Make sure that define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0); is set correctly in your configure.php. Also make sure that your product attribute is associated with the correct Option and Option Value. A common mistake is to associate a text Option with an Option Value other than TEXT.

The solution is in the readme... I don't understand it all but it has something to do with the languages : (see readme.htm >>>step 3)

My configuration :

- PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0 (configure.php)

- my language : french (id=7) english (id=6) german (id=8)

My solution :

>>>> go to phpmyadmin >>>>> language >>>>> check the id of each language installed

>>>> instead of using the original insert_text_option_value.sql, configure it with the values corresponding to your language id

INSERT INTO products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) VALUES (0, 6, 'TEXT');
INSERT INTO products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) VALUES (0, 8, 'TEXT');
INSERT INTO products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) VALUES (0, 7, 'TEXT');

BUT there are still a few things I don't understand well :

- After you modify for database, a new field is created in admin>>>products attributes>>>id=0 option value=TEXT

- if you add a new "text" option, it creates the same 3 fields in option value

id=0 option name=xxxxx option value=TEXT

And if you try to edit or delete them, it updates or delete them all in the same time?????

-to avoid this, you must either create all your options first or create a new "select" option then change it to a "text" option

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

Hello Roger,

I have the same problem of the option name that doesn't appear in the order process. I've found a solution that seems to work but I don't know if it's the right one....

The solution is in the readme... I don't understand it all but it has something to do with the languages : (see readme.htm >>>step 3)

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I went back and reread everything. This was the first option I had ever merged into osCommerce and I missed this part. I did not know how to fix it so I went through and deleted all my options and started over. This time I added the TEXT properly and now I knew what is was for.

Now I see how it works and will know how to use this in the future. I see that I need to use the Option Value 'TEXT' for my text boxes and just can't create my own.

- Roger

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can make one of these option types "Required"? For example I would like a "Confirm" checkbox. I have several TEXT type fields that I would like to make sure that people double check before going on as they will be engraved into a ceramic jar.

- Roger

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you update this contribution, use the info from the last Manual_Install.txt

Don't copy/paste from the web page cause there is a missing \

Manual_Install.txt

$string=str_replace('"', "\"", $string);

Web page

$string=str_replace('"', """, $string);

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

I've been looking through this thread for a way to group the radio button items into a grid. I want to make rows and columns of images. I saw at least two request for this, but didn't find a reply. Perhaps I missed it.

Anyway, I think this will do the trick. It's not all prettied up (items per row should be defined and accessible from the control panel - also I don't close the <tr> tags), but for those of you like me who want to get going on it, here's what I did. I'm no programmer, but play around with code from time to time.

This is the product_info.php file Find the ://CLR 030714 Add logic for radio buttons: and then look for the "bradm" items. The $itemsperrow variable is where I hard coded in the number of columns.

//CLR 030714 Add logic for radio buttons

$tmp_html = '<table>';

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

$checked = true;

//bradm added next two lines

$item = 0;

$itemsperrow = 3;

while ($products_options_array = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {

// bradm added next two lines

$item = $item + 1;

if (($item % $itemsperrow) == 1) {$tmp2_html = '<tr>';}

//bradm updated next line

$tmp_html .= $tmp2_html . '<td class="main">';

$tmp_html .= tep_draw_radio_field('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array['products_options_values_id'], $checked);

$checked = false;

$tmp_html .= $products_options_array['products_options_values_name'] ;

$tmp_html .=$products_options_name['products_options_comment'] ;

if ($products_options_array['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$tmp_html .= '(' . $products_options_array['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options_array['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

//bradm updated next line

$tmp_html .= '</td>';

// bradm added next line

$tmp2_html = '';

}

$tmp_html .= '</table>';

?>