• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature v1.6 (for osc 2.2 MS2)

Turns out that the previous mod that doesn't play nice with Option Type is Master Products. I really need these two to work together. I've been able to update part of the code to allow the options to follow through to the cart except the text and textarea.

If anyone has been able to marry these two contribs please let me know.

Thanks,

Dorothy

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chandra,

I am using your contribution and it is great.

Just one problem though.

I am using 5 text boxes to personalise ny products.

In the productinfo page the text boxes appear in the proper order

Textbox A

Textbox B

Textbox C

Textbox D

Textbox E

Even in the shopping cart they appear in the correct order

But when I reach the checkout and order confirmation page and the email that is sent confirming the order , the order changes at Random.

This looks very distressing and the whole cart loses its charm!

Can u guide me what to do?

Is ther anyway to show all the textboxes in a fixed order in all the pages and the email.

Pls see if you can help me

Thanks

Thanks for posting this nice and simple fix! Perfect!!!

K

Thanks for a great contrib. Its just what I needed.  I also had problems with the attribute value not showing up in the checkout or the confirmation email (it showed up in the shopping cart). The answer to my problem was that I had chosen not to update one line in \includes\classes\order.php ~line 242 in my version.

Original:

'value' => $attr_value,

Updated Line:

'value' => $attributes['products_options_values_name'],

After I changed this line, everything worked perfectly.

Now how about a way for customers to add multiline comments. I've seen someone else ask about this, but no update.

thanks,

--m

I am trying to get Master Products and Option Type v1.71 to work together. So, far my only draw back is the text boxes pulling through to the cart.

I'm a newb at php, but I think I have it narrowed down to how Master Products and Option Type parse the variables differently when added to the cart.

A correct value for a text input field should have the txt as part of the option value id (as per sample)

<input type="hidden" name="products_id[]" value="97{txt_1}12589">

However, when using Master Products to add the items to the cart, the txt is missing:

<input type="hidden" name="products_id[]" value="97{1}test123">

I know the missing "txt" is the key to my problem. What I do not know is how to get the Master Products code shown below to append the txt to the option value id

//Master Products
    // customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page
    case 'add_slave' :
                            reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                            while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
                              if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_") {
                                $prodId = substr($key,11);
                                $qty = $val;
                                if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
                                  // We have attributes
                                  $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId,$HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
                                } else {
                                  // No attributes
                                  $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
                                }
                              }
                            }
                            tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                            break;
    //Master Products EOF

If any one has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate any help, this is the one thing keeping me from turning my site live (I've been running interchange for almost 5 years now, and am anxious to move over to osCommere!)

Thanks,

Dorothy

Somebody help me please! I am very greatfull that Chandra has come up with this great contrib! I just wish i could get it to work =)

I have recieved no errors of any kind while installing, used winmerge to merge files, phpadmin to upload the .sql files included with v1.6

So my problem is, when i create the product attribute (text input) instead of getting an input box, i get a drop down box instead, i'm sure its an easy fix for some, but its beyond me.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Nevermind... I fixed it on my own.

Hi hobbyhen,

Can you let me know how you solved this? I think I have the same problem.

The install was fine; all the options are in Products Attributes. When i added a text box to a product is displayed it as dropdown box with the value what the box is. See below:

text.gif

(as you can see I tried a few times with different values)

Any ideas how I fix this?

Cheers

Neil

The problem for me was that i had "options as images" contribution installed alongside the "option type" contribution. The two contributions need some tweaking in order to work together.

If you suspect this is your problem, i'll paste my product_info.php code here, as that is the problematic file.

-George

Hi hobbyhen,

Can you let me know how you solved this? I think I have the same problem.

The install was fine; all the options are in Products Attributes. When i added a text box to a product is displayed it as dropdown box with the value what the box is. See below:

text.gif

(as you can see I tried a few times with different values)

Any ideas how I fix this?

Cheers

Neil

Well this is a clean install !

Every time a try a new contribution a use a new install to make sure it works.

If you can paste it I will give it a try.

Thanks

Neil

i would like to know if it posible to customise a product and calculate the price using the text option.

for example

if i was selling a t-shirt with the option to have the persons name printed on it, and i was charging ?1 per letter on top of the cost of the tshirt.

so there would be a text box option so when you type in the name the price next to the text box would increace by ?1.00 per letter typed.

-------------

T-shirt = ?10

option:

Name [ Craig ] (5 letters) = ?5.00

--------------

cheers

Hi Chandra,

I just found this thread and am quite glad. Your contribution is wonderful and exactly what I needed.

I have left this message in a couple of other places not knowing that this existed, but haven't gotten any replies.

I installed the contrib. easily and it's up and running, but I was wondering how I can specify the order each field appears on the page?

Also, is there any way I can specify the order the dropdown menu items appear? I applied them (as product attributes) in the order I wanted them to appear in (which is alphabetical), and they all appear correctly except one is out of order. Strange! Any way to fix it?

Thanks again!

Hi Chandra,

I just found this thread and am quite glad. Your contribution is wonderful and exactly what I needed.

I have left this message in a couple of other places not knowing that this existed, but haven't gotten any replies.

I installed the contrib. easily and it's up and running, but I was wondering how I can specify the order each field appears on the page?

Also, is there any way I can specify the order the dropdown menu items appear? I applied them (as product attributes) in the order I wanted them to appear in (which is alphabetical), and they all appear correctly except one is out of order. Strange! Any way to fix it?

Thanks again!

The way I got everything to be placed in the correct order is I went into mysql and changed the products_attributes_id in the table products_attributes so they were in correct ascending order. Worked for me.

Gidgidonihah,

I've logged in to mySQL, but I'm not sure how to do what you instructed....My products_attributes_id are in order, except for one place where the numbers go: 100, 101, 109, 103....108, 110.

#109 is completely out of place and #102 is missing altogether. This corresponds to my dropdown menu too - #109 appears after #101 in the menu.

I don't need to change the #109, I just need it to appear in the correct spot...

Would the Product Attributes Sort Order v1.0 contribution work?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1822

Yeah, that might work. I tried it and couldn't get it to work, but then again that may be simply because I'm an idiot...

And what I told you to do wouldn't work either cause I told you the wrong thing. Sorry.

I think I remembered what it was though. Here is what you have to do:

Within a select box or for radio buttons, the sort order is set by the order of the "products_options_values_id" in the table "products_options_values" so to change the order within a select box or radio button, just change the order in that column.

Now for the order that they are place on the page.

That is controlled by the "products_options_id" column in the table "products_options".

So, change the id number and make it higher, it then moves down the list on your page.

It's kinda the long way of going about it, and if you can get that contrib to work, it would probably be better/easier, but this way works too. If what i told you doesn't work, i probably screwed up the instructions again, so just get back on my case and i'll let you know what i did wrong :rolleyes:

Gidgidonihah,

Thanks for all the help.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to see this working either (but tell me if I'm wrong!)

For the dropdown menu order:

My "products_options_values_id" and "products_options_values_name" are correct, and even listed in the correct order. But, they don't show up in that order in my dropdown menu...

For the placement of the fields on the page:

Now for the order that they are place on the page.

That is controlled by the "products_options_id" column in the table "products_options".

So, change the id number and make it higher, it then moves down the list on your page.

My "products_options_id" numbers are in the order I created them, which is also the order I want them to appear in. Instead, they appear in alphabetical order on the page....changing the id numbers wouldn't work then right?

Here's my page: http://www.fthomasabstract.com/shop/

What I'm asking about applies to both of my products, the Title Search and Document Retrieval. In my dropdown menus, I need the lists in alphabetical order. On the pages, I need to have the due date listed first.

Thanks again for all your help!

well gee i'm feeling a little sheepish... Yes they would be sorting alphabetically, now wouldn't they? I forgot that I had changed a bit of the code somewhere that made them sort by those. My mistake. But it should be in this thread that i found out how to do that, so just do a search for the posts that i've made and it should be right near there.

Either that or wait for someone smarter than me to come along... >_<

Let me know if you find it. Then I won't have to worry about searching for it for you when i get some time :)

Found one thing:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=274634

That post explains how to make the fields display by id instead of alphabetically.

As far as how to make the dropdown menu display in a certain order, I guess I'm going to just start over and assign the option values to the product options over again and see if that works. I wasn't able to come up with anything related to that in a search of this thread... =)

I can?t believe the main problem I had....

When uploading it failed on configure.php as the permission was set to 444!!! Duh.

Anyways... I have now tried and tested a clean install and it works a treat. My problem now is I have just modified my real site and I am getting the following warning and I don?t know why (a little new to php)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home5/webs/ssl/cart/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1290

This is the code of the last few lines:

// nl2br() prior PHP 4.2.0 did not convert linefeeds on all OSs (it only converted \n)
 function tep_convert_linefeeds($from, $to, $string) {
   if ((PHP_VERSION < "4.0.5") && is_array($from)) {
     return ereg_replace('(' . implode('|', $from) . ')', $to, $string);
   } else {
     return str_replace($from, $to, $string);
   }
 }

// BMC CC Mod Start
include('../../../../includes/functions/encrypt.php');
// BMC CC Mod End

////rmh referral
// Returns an array with sources
// TABLES: sources
 function tep_get_sources($sources_id = '') {
   $sources_array = array();
   if (tep_not_null($sources_id)) {
       $sources = tep_db_query("select sources_name from " . TABLE_SOURCES . " where sources_id = '" . (int)$sources_id . "'");
       $sources_values = tep_db_fetch_array($sources);
       $sources_array = array('sources_name' => $sources_values['sources_name']);
   } else {
     $sources = tep_db_query("select sources_id, sources_name from " . TABLE_SOURCES . " order by sources_name");
     while ($sources_values = tep_db_fetch_array($sources)) {
       $sources_array[] = array('sources_id' => $sources_values['sources_id'],
                                'sources_name' => $sources_values['sources_name']);
     }
   }

return $sources_array;

////
//CLR 030228 Add function tep_decode_specialchars
// Decode string encoded with htmlspecialchars()
 function tep_decode_specialchars($string){
   $string=str_replace('>', '>', $string);
   $string=str_replace('<', '<', $string);
   $string=str_replace(''', "'", $string);
   $string=str_replace('"', "\"", $string);
   $string=str_replace('&', '&', $string);

return $string;
 }
?>

Can anyone see where its going wrong?

Look forward to your replies !

Neil

Fixed it....

Now i am just getting a dropdown box that says "TEXT" where the input box should be. AGAIN

I checked my configure.php this time and its uploaded..

Any ideas?

Edited by neilwillis

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to have a radio box with state "SELECTED" by default ?

Something like the 80Gb would be selected by default :

optiontypefeature.jpg

And is there a way to dynamically update the product price with selected options ?

Edited by TuKo