• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CART PROBLEMS

nelu

Hi

I have a BIG problems

I have installed osCommerce 2.2 Ms2 on FreeBSD 5.1 an I have the following problem:

After I click "Add to cart" button and "chekout" program say "Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

If and chose "Continue Shopping" apear 0 items on "Shoping cart"

any ideea?

http://www.ics-soft.ro/mag/catalog/

and admin:

http://www.ics-soft.ro/mag/catalog/admin

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hi. I have the same problem with a local install. Looks the problem lies somewhere into FreeBSD php package, as the same configs moved to a Linux RedHat 7.3 box works fine. I tried to change some variables into /usr/local/etc/php.ini but no luck so far. I wish I pin down this issue too. Will get back if I'll find a fix.

This is causing problems with our newly installed shopping cart as well.

Bug reports on osCommerce's site indicate that it has to do with the php version installed on the server... seems it works fine with ver. 4.3.2 (RC3) but doesn't work with (RC4).

I've contacted my server guys and they say the most recent and most stable version of php is installed on our webserver, yet this problem exists....

I need to get this shopping cart up and running for a client... any fixes for this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

"Any damn fool can make something complex, it takes a genius to make something simple."

Woody Guthrie

I was checking package branches on FreeBSD ftp sites and it looks like FreeBSD 5.1 have php4-4.3.2.r4.tbz whereas current 4.8 have the more recent php4-4.3.3.r2.tgz. Anybody running OSC on 4.8 experienced this issue too?

I guess if 5.1 owners only have problems with default php 4.3.2-r4 then definitely this is a buggy RC. Let's wait and see come coments from both 4.8 and 5.1 FreeBSD/OSC people. Speaking for myself, I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 w/ php 4.3.2.rc-4 and I *do* have this cart problem.

It doesn't seem as tho anyone has come up with a work around or fix to this issue.

As far as waiting for others to respond... I'd be all for that, but I have a client waiting for his website.. :roll:

This topic has been on the boards in MANY posts (just do a search for "shopping cart empty"), but there hasn't been any solution proposed other than, "it doesn't work with 4.3.2(RC4)".

What I would like to know is how to MAKE it work with RC4 if it needs to...

Regards

"Any damn fool can make something complex, it takes a genius to make something simple."

Woody Guthrie

Ok I solved this problem:

Sollution: change PHP version

Server Host: magazin (192.168.110.1) Database Host: 127.0.0.1(127.0.0.1)

Server OS: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE Database: MySQL 4.0.13

Server Date: 09/06/2003 19:02:35 Datebase Date: 09/06/2003 19:02:35

Server Up Time: 7:02PM up 19:43, 2 users, load averages: 0.06, 0.30, 0.44

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.3.3 mod_ssl/2.8.14 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

PHP Version: 4.3.3 (Zend: 1.3.0)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PHP version 4.3.2-RC4 is not OK :x

PHP version 4.3.3 is the sollution!!!!!!! :idea: :D

Nelu,

You're right! After a few days of playing myself with php.ini options, I decided to drop my php-4.3.2-r4, althought this one was the default on FreeBSD 5.1 (which I considered newer than 4.8!).

Checking ports I downloaded php-4.3.3-r2 from FreeBSD 4.8 branch and this one installed ok.

Now I get rid of that stupid bug too.

Silviu

This time it may be a PhP issue related to IIS. Since you're using a Win box, you may want to try Uniform Server from Sourceforge. It's an all in one 2 megs bundle with Apache2, Perl5, PHP4, MySQL4 and phpMyAdmin. Of course, you need to uninstall or at least stop IIS first :-)

Check

http://sourceforge.net/projects/miniserver/

http://miniserver.sourceforge.net/index.html

Good luck,

Silviu

Archived