• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing SQL query problem

Sketchy

The following code is taken from boxes/specials.php.

I'm trying to change the SQL query to return a random special offer for a specific category rather than just a random special offer.

It's got me stumped - anyine have any suggestions?

Thanks.

if ($random_product = tep_random_select("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS)) {

To the 'where' clause you need to add a condition to only select products from the category you want.

something like "and category_id = 20" or whatever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived