osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with parse error Please

Can someone Please tell me what is wrong with line 16:

Line 13- require('home/public_html/catalog/index.php = '/usr/bin/perl');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) & tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

Thanks Guys! :whaasup:

Line 13 should be

require('home/public_html/catalog/index.php');

Not sure from where it got the /usr/bin/perl. The problem is that 13 has an odd number of '. Line 16 is the next line with an ', so it's where the error is listed.

Hth,

Matt

Well, thank you for the help but now I have this error:

Warning: main(home/public_html/catalog/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/scrapboo/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'home/public_html/catalog/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/scrapboo/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

The file is actually there in home/scrapboo/public_html/catalog/

I'm really at a loss, can someone please help me? I don't know how to fix these file paths.

That didn't work either. I don't know what I have done, but I've been trying to fix this for about 3 weeks. My catalog was almost finished, when I realized that it was not secure. I went to the file manager and pass protected it. Things went awry from there.( I may have tried to change the index to my home page, I know that I was thinking about it at the same time) If I just scrap it all and reinstall it is there any way I can salvage what was in the catalog?

Any help on this would be great!

If I just scrap it all and reinstall it is there any way I can salvage what was in the catalog?
The database or the directory? You can retain the database. Copy the includes/configure.php files out, upload the files again, and copy the includes/configure.php files back.

If you want to retain changes to files like index.php, etc., that would be harder, since they seem to be the ones that are corrupted.

Hth,

Matt

I had made a backup of the database the day it all died, I did it on the server. I was unaware that I had to save it to my computer too. But I just want the catalog info. Is it possible?

If I copy the includes/configure file I save it to my computer, right?

I'm still not sure what you mean by catalog info. To me, that means the information stored in the database: products, categories, manufacturers, etc. If that is what it means to you, great. You have a backup in case there are issues (you might want to download it to your computer), and we don't know that there are any issues with the database anyway.

If you wanted to save mods made to files in the catalog directory, that would be more difficult and might not be possible.

If it's just the database catalog info that you want to save, download both (admin and catalog) of the includes/configure.php files. Upload the replacement files. Upload the configure.php files. See if it works. If it does, great, you're done. You can go back to modifying it the way that you want.

If not, then you might have to run the install again. In the beginning, when it asks if you want to import the database, say no. Run through the rest as prompted. See if it works. If it does not, try restoring the database from backup and see what happens.

Hth,

Matt

Matt, Thank You for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clearer. But yes I want the Catalog Database(products, catagories, etc.) I have a backup of that. I have also downloaded the admin/includes/configure, public/includes/configure , admin/configuration files. I hope that there are only these three I found no more.

Do I delete all of the other files and then upload the ones from the OsCommerce folders?

Then I have a Newbie question! How and where do I restore a backup? :oops:

Thanks again

:)

Archived