• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with a Table

thingsud

Please Help :cry:

I have been at this for hours! I inserted a table for shipping rates in my english/shipping.php. After alot of fixing, the table is in there, but the all the fonts are large. I have tried everything I can think of, read the PHP manual and still have this large table.

Can anybody out there help me???

Thanks,

Debbie

Here goes! Thanks for looking at it :D

Debbie

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<b>SHIPPING</b><br><br>We presently ship to all of the United States, except P.O. Boxes. Most orders will be shipped UPS Ground in the 48 contiguous states, which we have found to offer the best combination of economy and reliability. Alaska and Hawaii orders will be shipped via UPS Blue (2nd Day).<br><br>All orders will be shipped within 3 business days, with the exception of Fine Jewelry, from our warehouses. Please note that your order may arrive in more than one package.<br><br>Fine Jewelry orders are shipped directly from the manufacturer and may take 10 days to 21 days for shipment.<br><br>Shipping charges are based by the total amount of your order, per the Shipping Table below, and will be added to your order at time of checkout along with a $2.00 Handling Fee.<P><table><table border="2" cellspacing="8" cellpadding="0"><tr bgcolor="#aaa9b9"><td colspan="5" text="6px">SHIPPING   TABLE</td></tr><tr><td nowrap>If Order Totals:</td><td align="right">Add:</td><td>   </td><td nowrap>If Order Totals:</td><td align="right">Add:</td></tr><tr><td nowrap>Up to $15.00</td><td align="right">$ 5.00</td><td>   </td><td nowrap>$75.01 to $100.00</td><td align="right">$16.00</td></tr><tr><td nowrap>$15.01 to $30.00</td><td align="right">$ 7.50</td><td>   </td><td nowrap>$100.01 to $125.00</td><td align="right">$18.00</td></tr><tr><td nowrap>$30.01 to $50.00</td><td align="right">$10.00</td><td>   </td><td nowrap>$125.01 to $150.00</td><td align="right">$20.00</td></tr><tr><td nowrap>$50.01 to $75.00</td><td align="right">$14.00</td><td>   </td><td nowrap>Over $150.01</td><td align="right">$24.00</td></tr></table><P>OUT OF STOCK ITEMS</b><br><br>We make every effort to avoid the inconvenience of having our customers order products and then find out they are not in stock or back-ordered. Our in-stock status is consistently over 95% across our entire merchandise selection. When you add an item to our shopping cart, it will tell you if that item is out of stock and if so, the estimated time of arrival. This gives you the choice of ordering and waiting, or purchasing another item. However, sometimes due to heavy volume, you may order something before we can mark it out of stock.<br><br>In this event, if the product is expected in our warehouse within 30 days, we will place your order on back order and ship it to you when it arrives. If the expected date of arrival is longer than 30 days, the order for that item will be cancelled and you will be refunded for that item, plus any portion of shipping charges, based upon the weight of that product. The remainder of your order will be shipped to you as normal.<br><br><b>RETURNS</b><br><br>Every possible precaution is taken to ensure that:<br><br> - Our pictures and descriptions accurately describe the merchandise.<br> - The catalog pages have the right prices listed.<br> - You receive exactly what you ordered.<br> - Your order arrives in perfect condition.<br> - You have a pleasant and satisfying experience with us.<br><br>Things do happen, of course. If you have any problem with your order, please email us at <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]" target="blank"><font color="800080">[email protected]</font color="800080"></A> explaining the issue. We will do whatever we can to correct any problem, quickly and accurately.<br><br><b>Our policies related to returns are as follows</b>:<br><br><u>Damaged Items</u> ? Since most damage occurs via shipping, we must receive requests for return of damaged items within 2 days of receipt of delivery. You must contact us for a Return Authorization as described below. We may ask for the damaged item and original packing materials back as part of the claim to our shipper, so please save them. Also, please examine your box for any visible damage before signing for it. If you see a crushed corner, a hole, or similar evidence of possible damage, please write ?Exception-Damage? directly above your signature.<br><br><u>Return Authorization</u> ? All returns must have an authorization, acquired by sending an e-mail to <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]" target="blank"><font color="#800080">[email protected]</font color="800080"></A>, or by faxing us at (239) 455-7193. Please include description of damage or defect (Was outside box damaged? How, where, and in what way was the product damaged? Was UPS notified of damage at time of delivery?). Be sure to tell us how you would like us to contact you for your authorization number or any additional questions we may have.<br><br><u>Defective Items</u> ? We want to be sure that the products you ordered will perform according to the manufacturer?s specifications, without defects straight out of the box. Since defects do occur upon occasion, all defective products may be returned for credit or replacement. Any defect that occurs after the product has been in use, will need to be referred to the original manufacturer?s warrantee for return instructions, if applicable. Please follow the Return Authorization instructions above. Your return request for defective items must be received by us within 10 days from the delivery date.<br><br><u>

Restocking Fee</u> ? We make every possible effort to give you exactly what you order. However, if you would like to return a non-defective or unbroken item, the return will incur a 20% restocking fee, and must be returned within 30 days in like-new condition. The remainder of your purchase price, not including shipping charges, will be refunded upon receipt of the item.<br><br><i><b><font color="#a90080">As always, customer satisfaction is our #1 priority</i></b></font color>.

');

?>

there are two relavant files.

The actual shipping.php which is in /catalog/shipping.php

This deals with the formatting and rendering.

Tle language file which will display as per the selected language. In this case english.

/calalog/includes/language/english/shipping.php

Both are named shipping.php

In /catalog/shipping.php find

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

</tr> </table>

The high lighted is the css call which will govern the way TEXT_INFORMATION is rendered

The standard "out of the box" call in TD.main stylesheet.css is

TD.main, P.main {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

line-height: 1.5;

}

Have you changed /catalog/shipping.php in any way?

Have you changed the stylesheet in any way?

Are you using one of the templates?

I am not sure if a table will render properly when inserted in "define"

I've never done that. I am not aware of an instances of it. So first we will try this:

Delete the css call in /catalog/shipping.php

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

</tr> </table>

Just like the above.

If it is okay then well and good.

If not:

1.)Put the "class=main" back in.

2.) Take the shipping table out of the text section of /english/shipping.php

3.) You will need to place you table in /catalog/shipping.php

something like:

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td ><table border="2" cellspacing="8" cellpadding="0">

<tr bgcolor="#aaa9b9">

<td colspan="5" text="6px">SHIPPING   TABLE</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap>If Order Totals:</td>

<td align="right">Add:</td>

<td>   </td>

<td nowrap>If Order Totals:</td>

<td align="right">Add:</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap>Up to $15.00</td>

<td align="right">$ 5.00</td>

<td>   </td>

<td nowrap>$75.01 to $100.00</td>

<td align="right">$16.00</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap>$15.01 to $30.00</td>

<td align="right">$ 7.50</td>

<td>   </td>

<td nowrap>$100.01 to $125.00</td>

<td align="right">$18.00</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap>$30.01 to $50.00</td>

<td align="right">$10.00</td>

<td>   </td>

<td nowrap>$125.01 to $150.00</td>

<td align="right">$20.00</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap>$50.01 to $75.00</td>

<td align="right">$14.00</td>

<td>   </td>

<td nowrap>Over $150.01</td>

<td align="right">$24.00</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

If this throughly confuses you send me both of your shipping.php files via PM or email and I will fix then up for you.

Debbie,

I would just add class="main" to all your <td> elements in your TEXT_INFORMATION define, i.e. as <td class="main">. So long as it is properly formatted, you can put whatever html code you want inside the defines. I suspect that what is happening is that your TDs are using some kind of default font that clashes with the rest of the site.

Hth,

Matt

Archived