• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mosaic Accents - new site - almost done...

I've been working on this for a long time now and it's almost done. Please take a look and tell me what you think. One thing that I can't change is the black background. The client wanted black, and she is getting black. Besides that, I'd love to hear what people thing.

This site is based on Linda McGrath's Shoppe Enhancement Controller

v1.0b4. It's very stripped down. I also added a testimonial manager and a links manager.

I'm basically using OSC as a catalog without the payment/ordering functions. The client wanted as simple as possible.

Here's the site - not live yet -

http://www.mosaic-accents.com/index.php

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd love to hear from others about the slowness. Last Monday I was having some server problems so I hope that accounts for the slowness.

As for using Index to point to Default... I don't see it that way. I was trying the ballance the requirement from my client who had both a "home page" and a "gallery page" that she wanted used. They do serve a very similar purpose and I played with the idea of getting rid of one of them, but the client balked. However, to get around this, there is full navigation from the index page and I don't directly steer people to go to the Default page - although they can get there. I'd love to hear other opinions out there...

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

Fast enough from UK!!

but one thing......

I personally wouldn't stay more then 5 minutes in a Black BG site if it is just to gather information.

if it is to buy, less then that

I got pain in my eyes trying to read...

PS: but it is a personal opinion

Thanks Salvo. Actually, many people have told me that they don't like the black background. :? I actually tried two other layouts - one with a cream back and one with a purple back. However, after suggesting to her the options, she insisted that a blackground is what she wants. So in the end I do what the boss tells me to do :) . Still, thanks for providing feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Archived