• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Server Login Errors

byrdclaw

Please note, I'm extremely new to all of this and it's becoming a very good learning process.

I successfully uploaded the OSCommerce files to a test folder. I went to the .../install/ and pulled up the install page as expected. After a couple of simple pages I get to one asking for Database server information (from what I've read this will import the database structure).

after I saw this I figured I should probably create a new database for this, so the database that was created was named consolec_OSCommerce, the login is consolec_xbm1

so I type in www.consolecustoms.com for the database server location, and fill in all the login/pass/database name info.

The next screen says that it couldn't connect to the database successfully. I contacted tech support for the hosting company and asked what the location of the database server was and they said

The server is s10.s10avahost.net.

The IP of the server is 66.98.152.63.

I've tried both for the database server field and I still can't connect. I was wondering if anyone had any insight to this? does this server look correct or should there be a db1 attached to the end of it or something?

Thanks in advance for all your help, I can't wait to get this up and running and test it all out!

got it.. apparently the login was the one for a phpBB that was set up and I didn't have a password for it, because I didn't create it.. the install automatically created it.

I figured out how to make a new username/pass and used localhost and it worked fine.

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Table 'cart.configuration' doesn't exist

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

but i get that message any ideas?

Archived