• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What files to alter "New products for (month)" box

carloshax

I want to alter the layout of "New products for (month)" box so that each item will have its own seperate box instead of one large box.

I have found an oscommerce site that has just what im after www.casetech.co.uk. i think seperate boxes looks much better.

Could some one please tell me what files i would need to alter to change the box layout, or tell me if there is a contribution for this already.

Thanks in advance

Carl

hmm i have the featured products mod installed but i can't seem to work out how to make anything like what Casetech use.. not unless i directly include the "featured_products.php" file into the index.php file.

Any ideas?

You probably need to modify something in function productListingBox in includes/classes/boxes.php. Perhaps change

$this->table_parameters = 'class="productListing"';

to

$this->table_parameters = 'class="productListingBox"';

and add a TABLE.productListingBox definition to stylesheet.css

TABLE.productListingBox {

background: #f1f9fe;

border-color: #7b9ebd;

border-style: solid;

border-width: 1px;

}

or something like that (code nabbed from TABLE.formArea).

Hth,

Matt

i think that will just change the style.. what i want to do it add more info about each product and have 2 products on each row like you see at Casetech.co.uk , although i'm not sure what to edit and how i would make it jump to another line after each 2 products.

includes/modules/new_products.php, change

if ($col > 2) {

to

if ($col >= 2) {

There is a contribution that provides product descriptions in product listings that could help you with the increased information.

Hth,

Matt

Archived