• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Screwed the pooch, and db_server_password.

MORZone

OK, I am retarded. A 'friendly' user visited my site and was able to change my configure.php file so that a warning appeared indicating I need to change the permissions so that other people couldn't do the same and potentially destroy my site. Well as it turns out, in the process of fixing this file I lost access to the database and lost the site anyway:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'morzone_osc2@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/morzone/public_html/shopmerchandise/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I understand that this means it can't connect to the database. -because the password in my configure file is wrong:

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'morzone_osc2');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '?????');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'morzone_osc2');

Here is my dilema, I did not manually install oscommerce on this site, so I have no idea what the password is for the user "morzone_osc2" can I change this password or figure out what it is somehow?

I do not have shell access but I do have phpadmin. Help please...

http://www.morzone.com/shopmerchandise/

I am just wondering how does a user with no ftp access able to write to your files? (configure.php)

andrew

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

The site seems to be working now. I'll post instructions in case I'm missing something. Post back if you had to do something different.

The password would be set in MySQL; however, I'm not sure if your phpMyAdmin user has enough privileges to change it or not. On the first page, look under Privileges, and then select Edit for the appropriate user. If you don't have this, you may need to get your host to help.

Good luck,

Matt

Archived