• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Secure Admin

Gurlzen

Does the gold padlock at the bottom of your browser display?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hi,

This issue affects me too, I noticed you guys didnt publicly post a solution to the query.

The gold padlock does not display on my page and I get this same message.

What should I do?

Does SSL work for you in the catalog area?  I.e. are My Account and the Checkout pages using a secure connection?

Hth,

Matt

I needed to work on my store so to solve my secure admin problem temporarily I?ve just moved it back to the non SSL folder and added a .httacess file to protect it. Will that do or do I need to figure out the security thing now? :tellme:

My catalog files are also in my HTTPDOC folder not in my HTTPSDOC.

Hi,

This issue affects me too, I noticed you guys didnt publicly post a solution to the query.

The gold padlock does not display on my page and I get this same message.

What should I do?

Hi GiftS, Hopefully we can get some answers to this little snag and get our store working right :oha:

After adding the s to http and getting the no page error, I figured I'd remove it so at least I could go in to admin area. This is what happens :

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/giftseas/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/giftseas/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Apparently I've opened a whole new can of worms and Gurzlen - you mean you didn't get help with this matter! I thought you finished it up by private messages, it's just unbelievable...

I'm sorta wondering if posting after this is a good idea

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/giftseas/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/giftseas/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

, first error. Replace english.php with configure.php in the explanation.

I would still like to know from each of you if you are able to access your SSL in the catalog area. If you can, please post the non DB and FS lines from your configure.php files (i.e. I don't need to see database or file system info at this time).

An htpassword without SSL is insecure because it is sent in plain text. Plan on changing the password after you get SSL working (for piece of mind).

Hth,

Matt

Archived