• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Sizing

Is there some way to make an image on the 'top' page relative to the user's resolution? My current image size looks reasonable in 800X600, pretty good in 1024x768, and bad in anything larger. At home I use 1280x1024, but if I make the image look good in that size is has a horizontal scroll bar in every other res. Help!

Actually, what I want the page to do is:

take up the full screen in 800x600

have progressively more white space around it in higher res', and have everything stay in proportion!

Like www.vogue.com.au ....

Sorry, what I mean is, I have a lot of white space on the RHS of the image which is making it look a bit strange.

I think it might be the right column - can I delete it once and for all, instead ofjust getting rid of the content?

Yes, but you have to edit each page individually to comment out or remove the line that says something like

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php');

Hth,

Matt

Each page individually? What do you mean by that? (I'm not so good at this stuff yet)

Every php file? Header, Footer, Left Column, Right column?

Thanks for the solution, anyways!

OK, below is a list of ALL the catalog/***.php files in my installation. I also had to edit every php page in order to insert my little nav buttons. It was a pain but doesn't take TOO long. There are a few where you don't have to, but if you go into each file, use Ctrl+F to find this code:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php');

and just comment it out each time you find it. eg:

//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php');

Then that should solve your problem. Then you can de-comment it at a later date if you so desire.

List:

account.php

account_edit.php

account_edit_process.php

account_history.php

account_history_info.php

address_book.php

address_book_process.php

advanced_search.php

advanced_search_result.php

checkout_confirmation.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_payment_address.php

checkout_process.php

checkout_shipping.php

checkout_shipping_address.php

checkout_success.php

conditions.php

contact_us.php

create_account.php

create_account_process.php

create_account_success.php

default.php

download.php

info_shopping_cart.php

login.php

logoff.php

password_forgotten.php

popup_image.php

popup_search_help.php

privacy.php

product_info.php

product_notifications.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

products_new.php

redirect.php

reviews.php

shipping.php

shopping_cart.php

specials.php

tell_a_friend.php

When I open the pages in Dreamweaver, it shows me the table structure and how it is layed out (WYSIWYG mode) From there, I was able to select the tables and see how and where in the code the changes needed to be. In the header.php and footer.php it seems to be set up as 4 tables stacked one on top of the other. You could change each table size, or put them all into one table and change that size to fit your needs. Hope this helps.

ccIces

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.. teach a man to fish and he will collect UI for 6 months of the year!

I saw a post somewhere, and it shouldn't be too hard to work out if you can't find it, that shows how to set overall table width either to a fixed pixel width of say 800 or a percentage.

A bit of java script may enable you to give you a choice depending upon the viewers browser setup. Standard html/javascript doings.

Flaky ideas but I hope it helps find a solution. Will have a look to see if I can do it later.

All the best

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Archived