• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Out of stock: check quantity in stock in checkout process

Nils P.

In shopping_cart.php, if you set 'allow checkout' to true in admin/configuration/stock, and then if a customer orders more of a product than products are in stock, it will say this:

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process.

From what I've understood, this isn't true, right? It will only kick you back to shopping_cart.php if 'allow checkout' is false, until you have a small enough number of the product in question. If set to true, you can just order any amount, but there's no telling how many products actually are availible at present.

Did I miss anything or is this the way it is. If yes, it would mean that above notice should be changed, as it's pretty much misleading. Something like this would be more like it: "...we'll send you as much as we can now and send the rest later" (or something more eloquent :wink: ), wouldn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

What I'd actually love to know is, am I right assuming that if you set 'allow checkout' to true (customers can order a higher number of a certain product than there is in stock), then osC does not tell a customer how many products are actually in stock in the checkout process, contrary to what the explanation quoted above states in the cart view (shopping_cart.php).

Thanks for any input on this one... :dontgetit:

Nils

• 4 years later...
What I'd actually love to know is, am I right assuming that if you set 'allow checkout' to true (customers can order a higher number of a certain product than there is in stock), then osC does not tell a customer how many products are actually in stock in the checkout process, contrary to what the explanation quoted above states in the cart view (shopping_cart.php).

Thanks for any input on this one... :dontgetit:

Nils

Wow this post is 4 year old and I only found it by googling because it seems like a real bug. I'd like that the shopper can actually see what's in stock and modify their order quantity. Or else just set the order quantity to the lesser of Qty ordersed and Qty in stock.

Archived