• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using file include in define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '')

Hi,

Just wonder if it is possible in PHP to include a file. something like:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<!--#include virtual="somepage.html" -->')?

Then it would be much easier to maintain the site.

Thanks.

Brenda

osCommerce pages include bunches of files, that's why it has an includes directory. Look at includes/column_left.php for an example of a file that includes other files and is itself included by files.

I'm not sure that I understand what you want to do. Do you have a more concrete example? How would you want to use this if it were available?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

O.k. I will try to explain a little better:

In conditions.php, I am today filling out this line

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Conditions of Use information.');

?>, with a lot of text/html-code replacing 'Put here....information.'). I do this by building the html-code in Macromedia, whereafter I cut and paste the code to this string. The other file I call conditions.html.

I cannot open conditions.php in Macromedia and see the formatted page, so when I have to make changes, I need do this in conditions.html, copy/paste to conditions.php, which I find rather timeconsuming.

Would be much easier to somehow write ('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Include conditions.html');

Brenda

Try

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<object data="conditions.html">Server error:  could not display conditions.html.</object>');

Note: conditions.html will need to be in your root directory this way. You might prefer to say something like "catalog/includes/languages/english/conditions.html".

The browser will display the outermost <object... </object> pair that it can. If it displays the Server error text (feel free to change this to something else if you prefer), then there was a problem accessing conditions.html

Hth,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

That seems to be just what I was looking for. However, for some reason I cannot make it work. Not sure how to address my root, but I have tried to place conditions.html almost everywhere without the expected result :?

Brenda

I looked into this a bit more. If I use the above code and place conditions.html in my catalog directory (the same place as index.php, stylesheet.css, etc.), it works--in Mozilla. Unfortunately, it doesn't display in IE6.

This code

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<iframe src="conditions.html" frameborder="0">Sorry, your browser does not support the iframe element.  Please go to <a href="conditions.html">this page</a> instead.</iframe>');

will work in IE6 (and Mozilla).

Haven't tested the failover code at all, so I don't know if it is right or not.

Hth,

Matt

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
To provide a solution to this questions, this works:

$text = @file_get_contents(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/your-file.html');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', $text);

Thank you very very much for that code Lokust.

It's changed my life!

Flo

• 6 months later...
Hi, i used that code , but the result is a blank page..can someone pls advise?

I got the following error

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

Archived