• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommerce Copyright and Site Security

GiftS

I'm in the process of modifying site and had couple questions:

1. Does copyright osCommerce have to stay at bottom of pages? if no how do I remove it?

2. I'm trying to change background color & according to Wiki documents I should add a code to index.php page. When I do it returns an error on line 59 for index page. What am I not doing right?

3. What security test can I put site under to ensure it is secure and has no bugs?

Looking forward to your responses.

Gifts

To remove the copywrite info from the bottom its a 2 step process.

1) goto catalog/includes/languages/ and then the .php file for the language you are using (example english.php). Now goto the part where is says:

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'take out the oscommerce stuff and put yours in');

2) goto your catalog/admin then goto "tools" then goto "Banner Manager" and turn off the ocommerce banner by clicking the red dot.

For the background color i didnt even mess with the index.php what i did was i modified my stylesheet.css file just look for the part the says:

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Also in this file you can change the color and font of pretty much everything in your catalog.

1. Does copyright osCommerce have to stay at bottom of pages? if no how do I remove it?
Unless you significantly modify the layout of the site, it has to stay (legally, it is part of the licensing agreement).

The Powered by osCommerce is optional, except that it must be included if you post your store URL to the My Store forum.

Hth,

Matt

Archived