• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing php, is there a nice easy way ?

cpwtech

Hi, thanks to anyone that can help....

I want to edit the conditions, privacy etc. text but have bold, different fonts etc. but I`m not any good with php

Are there any easy ways of editing all your text on the site, utilitiies to do this or tutorials that show you how to do bold, new lines/paragraphs, bullets etc.

Any help appreciated

cheers

What I use isnt the most simplest way I would imagine but it works fine with me, I like to use a simple text editor (notepad for windows) most of the text changes you want to make are in simple html so its not to hard and most of the stuff you have to change are in the <? part of the php files. Make sure it you download a php from your server download it in ascii format, and reupload it in ascii, not doing so will create alot of problems

I've found ultraedit (www.ultraedit.com) to be invaluable when editing php and html! Very very useful and has line numbers and colors for php, html codes, which notepad and wordpad do not.

What I generally do is save a backup of the current php file (rename it to manufacturers-old.php or the like), then work on it and then uplolad to server. Then try it out to see if it works, if not revert back to old version... :)

I know how to edit the files, i use the file manager, this is not the problem.

I dont understand php, i can edit text between the ` ` and thats about it, but this is no good as it doesnt look professional.

I either need an easy peasy manual for php that shows me how to do bold, underlines, bullets, new lines etc. or some add on that lets me edit the text with ease without messing about with php code, there must be something out there.

www.tsware.net download tswebcoder. it will display php/js/html/css files all with nice coding..

As far as php program editing, i'm very new, but it seems that php is only a wraper for html as far as text and images etc goes. So find the html and edit it.

Roger

facts invariably distort the truth

It's not as compicated as you think.

You will find all those files in includes/[language]/

Here is an example of what you'll find

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> ' . STORE_NAME . ' knows that you

care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust

and wnat you to feel confident in our services and security as it relates to your

personal information. This notice describes our privacy policy. By visiting ' . STORE_NAME . ', you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. </font>

<p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><b><font size="3">What Personal

Information About Customers Does ' . STORE_NAME . ' Gather?</font></b></font></p>

Do it any way you want, use images if you want.

Archived