• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shop by Price drop down menu in header - Please.

austinkamshan

This is my first post, all of my other issues have been easily resolved by searching these forums. (Even if it took me days to locate answers.)Thank you very much for those who supply all this information. :D

I have searched for days and have been unsuccessful in getting a Shop by Price drop down menu to work in the header. Currently I have categories and a search box working correctly. I have successfully installed the shop_by_price.php into a infobox, but cannot for the life of me get the code correct in the header. :? I am sure my husband is ready to divorce me and my newborn son is forgetting me for all the time I have spent trying to achieve this myself. :cry:

I am currently using MS2 and would appreciate any assistance that you can provide. I am a little embarassed to show the code that I have as I am very new to php. However, if it helps my situation, I will supply it. :oops:

TIA,

Kamie

Thank you Lee "LeeH" for helping me with this code! All I had to do to get it working for me was add the require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES) information to it.

For those who are interested, here is the code to place the Shop by Price into a drop down menu in your header. If you have trouble, I will try to help, but remember I am really new to this.

<?php 

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE); 

$price_range_list = ''; 

$price_range_list[] = array('id' => '0', 'text' => 'Shop by price' ); 

for ($range=0; $range<sizeof($price_ranges); $range++) { 

$price_range_list[] = array('id' => $range, 'text' => $price_ranges[$range] ); 

} 

?> 

<form name="shop_by_price" class="form" method="get"  action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE); ?>"><?php echo  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('range', $price_range_list, $range, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></form>

Also, Thank You Very Much to Matt Davies for the shop_by_price contribution along with Ray Chinoy for the MS2 update.

"I can now sleep in peace" :lol:

Kamie

Archived