• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Comment Field Not Working!

My store is about to go live and everything is seeming to work the way it should <knock on wood> :oops:

The only thing that is not working is the comment field for orders on both the customer side and the admin side. If you put something in the balnk, nothing comes up in the confirmation mail or on the admin side when you check the order and vise versa. :roll:

I have been looking through the files for a reason as to why but I am at a loss. Everything else seems to be fine! :shock:

Please help, this is one annoying thing I would love to fix before the store goes live!

http://store.cliffracer.com

Hi

I am also having a similar problem and situation, with being able to view comments in the admin oders, or in the customers order history.

The comments are in the DB and I can add a comment when I update the order which goes to the customer, etc.

Have searched but havn't found a solution yet :cry:

Yes that section works fine, the customer recieves and email with the order status update and the comments I entered from admin.

it's just through the admin I can't view the comments put in by the customers when they placed the order,

even tho its stored in the database

Hi,

Thought I would let you know what I found that solved my problem.

Hope it's of some help to someone.

In both

adminincludesclassesorder.php

catalogincludesclassesorder.php

on about line 30:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, cvvnumber, comments, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

I was missing the word "comments" :oops:

I missed it when I added the CVV mod.

Cheers

Archived