• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Silly Pricing Question

ChronoFish

Hi there,

I have never used an E-Commerce site, so I 'm not sure how silly my question is.

We have a bunch of pictures that come in a varitety sizes. So what we have done is created an option called "size" and then given 4 option values for "size" (5x7, 8x10, 11x14, greeting cards). We gave each value a price. What we want is for the "option price" to be THE price - not an upgrade price. To get around this we gave the base price of $0.00 - this works except our items are displayed with "$0.00" as the price. We would rather not see the "base price" We have set the "display price" to 0 but that did not seem to help.

Is there a better way to do this? Do we have to enter the product in for each size (that would suck - that would mean 4 times the work in terms of entering data).

Thanks for your suggestions

You'll need to modify php files to allow this. But I'm not sure if some product attributes contribution doesn't allow this. Search for them and read the instructions.

Regards,

Piotr

Just a thought....

One way would to be to use your "DEFAULT" price or "Prices Starting at...." then hack the catalog options (and checkout) display to show full price for unit price as DEFAULT + UPGRADE PRICE = DISPLAY PRICE

eg.

Base prices starting at 12.00

First size option $0.00 = 12.00

second option +$2.00 = 14.00

third option + 3.00 = 15.00

so on....

Just my 2 cents...

delete the following line from catalog/product_info.php :

<td align="right" class="pageHeading"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

Make a backup of your file before modification.

Archived