define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

And in catalog:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Trying to move files to different folder/directory

I want to password protect certain files, and it seems the easiest way to do this is to move all these files into one directory and password protect it.

So, following the guide of this earlier post... in configure.php

I added

define('DIR_WS_PSSWRD', 'psswrd/');

The link to this file from the navigation table is this

echo "oCMenu.makeMenu
('sub_3_2','top_3','Bet (Bb)','http://alphabetangel.com/oscom/catalog/psswrd/bet.php')\n";

I also changed includes/application_top.php for the first test file to this

define('FILENAME_BET', 'psswrd/bet.php');

But I keep getting error code

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alphabet/wwwroot/alphabetangel.com/oscom/catalog/psswrd/bet.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='') in /home/alphabet/wwwroot/alphabetangel.com/oscom/catalog/psswrd/bet.php on line 13

I don't understand why this isn't working? Can anyone help?

Thank you for your time and energy!

Can't you just password protect from your host control panel or use .htaccess to protect the files you want???? That is a lot easier than moving them to a different directory and trying to figure out where to make all the changes to the calls for those files in the code...

I would LOVE to just password protect the files, however my control panel only offers the option of protecting a folder or directory, not single files.

Looked into .htaccess a little, but it seemed like a whole new thing to decipher. If someone has step by step instructions for an amateur, GREAT!

otherwise, I gotta try what I know how to do, and the closest so far involves figuring out how to place these particular files in a password folder.

Help anyone?

:(

Jenn

Go check out:

http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scri...ord_Protection/

Free scripts that protect single pages as well as variations. If none suit you there, just do a search for similar complete scripts on google and you'll be protected in no time.

Can someone please give an informed answer to my question posted above:

Is that as simple as it is? Move all OSC files and folders to new directory, edit the 2 config files and all is okay?

Thanks

Thanks for that link! The site has now been added to my favorites, and for anyone else trying to protect just files, there is a Cookie Password Protection script that requires minimal changes.

Mahalo!

Jenn

Archived