• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I delete STATE FIELD pull down box

WickedCoolers

I am trying to get rid of the pull down box for STATE. I have managed to do it for customers but not in my Admin section. I am editing Admin/customers.php. Below is the org code around line 354.

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_STATE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('entry_zone_id', tep_prepare_country_zones_pull_down($cInfo->entry_country_id), $cInfo->entry_zone_id, 'onChange="resetStateText(this.form);"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('entry_state', $cInfo->entry_state, 'maxlength="32" onChange="resetZoneSelected(this.form);"'); ?></td>

</tr>

This is the new code below:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CITY; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('entry_city', $cInfo->entry_city, 'maxlength="32"', true); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_STATE; ?></td>          

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('entry_state', $cInfo->entry_state, 'maxlength="32"', true); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_POST_CODE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('entry_postcode', $cInfo->entry_postcode, 'maxlength="8"', true); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('entry_country_id', tep_get_countries(), $cInfo->entry_country_id, 'onChange="update_zone(this.form);"'); ?></td>

</tr>

I have placed the state field between city and postcode and I have deleted the pull down box code but when I load admin I get a parse error on line 414 which is only } else {

anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to do it right???

The hardest thing in life is watching someone you love, love someone else.

It looks like you took out

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

Thus, the } in }else{ doesn't have a matching {. You can fix this by deleting the entire block of code, starting with } else { and ending with a }. The } will have the same indentation (leading spaces) as the if and the } else {. Alternately, you could put the if back in so there would be a {.

Hth,

Matt

Btw, line 414 may not be where the } you want is. It might be (in fact, as I think about it, probably is) somewhere higher in the file, closer to where you are making your changes.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks for the reply, I managed to fix it, what I had done was leave an extra <php which was related to the block of code that I had removed. It all works now although your suggestion might be a more tidy solution :-)

Just out of interest, do you know how to edit the order email as I copy the customers address from the email to my sales worksheet but it lists the address in a really silly way, it puts the postcode on the same line as the street and before the city which is not good for printing labels :-)

It's built in checkout_process.php, you should be able to just move variables around. tep_mail actually sends the mail.

Hth,

Matt

Excellent, thanks.

One last thing you could maybe help me with. I am trying to create a contact us page similar the the original contact_us.php, I am trying to link it to a gif pic so that people will be sent to the form when they click the image. I have duplicated the php file and renamed it but I am having problems trying to get it to send the email to a address of my choice and not just the address stored in store config in admin, any ideas??

Did you change the first two parameters in

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

Hth,

Matt

Archived