• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auto currency select

CJAndT

Hi all,

I'm still a bit new to this OSC thing, but I must say that I like what I see so far.

Anyways, i've been searching for a couple day, and just haven't found an answer yet. Is there any way to have the system auto select the currency according to the customers location?

I want to have both US and Canadian currency available, but I would like it to auto select the currency for the customer once logged in.

Thanks

Chris

• 3 months later...

"Default" currency is coded into the LANGUAGE files.

Suggestion - First - BACKUP EVERYTHING! Then make TWO copies of the english files ..... Mark one with english_us (and put a US flag in it) the other with say english_cn (and put a Canadian Flag in) - Mark the default currency properly in EACH. "Activate" or add BOTH in admin.

Test!

Backup!

Change the text for LANGUAGES infobox to "Countries"

Test!

Backup!

Update all product/catagories text.....

Test!

Backup!

Remove addional languages not needed

Test!

Backup!

Good Luck

PS: You can add Quebec (french) also like this....

Hey JPF,

I'm half way into what you suggested above, but I'm not sure if this will auto select once, let's say a new user is registering and selecting the country as Canada, and the system will automatically select CAD $ for him.

I'm concerned about this, because my default currency is USD because they are the primary customers, and whenever Canadians kick in, they're going to pay taxes in USD unless they select CAD currency from the left, which I doubt most will do.

Thanks!

Jey

Archived