• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Not Showing Up In Admin

yrlady

Hello,

I use the email order feature to receive copies of orders placed on my website. I recently received an order for which the customer used paypal. I received a copy of the order at the specified email address. I also received the payment notification from paypal.

The problem is, when I go into admin to view my orders, this particular order doesn't show up among the orders there.

I then went back into my email and took down the order number then I manually entered the url for the order in my browser and it is displayed! Yet when I go back to view my orders it still isn't showing up.

How can I get this order to show up with the others? Could there could be some kind of delay in updating the database? This has never happened before.

Thanks for all your help.

This is a known problem with PayPal. The suggested fix is to use PayPal IPN. Essentially, what happens is that osCommerce generates the order *after* payment is verified. Unfortunately, if they don't click continue to return to osCommerce, it never generates an order.

Hth,

Matt

Archived