• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.htaccess - removing comment before session.use_trans_sid 0

Mooligan

Basically since MS2 I have the problem with the footer being pushed into the right column, I have read that it is a bug with PHP versions earlier than 4.3.x, my host runs 4.2.2 and isn't about to upgrade it.

I removed the comment before # php_value session.use_trans_sid 0 and it has appeared to fix it, but what does this line do? I thought it might just be another way of changing one of the session options but they all appeared the same after I made the change.

Does it have any adverse effects? Does it affect spider session problems at all?

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment

Thanks Matt, I had read that before several times, as well as the linked php bug reports.

Removing the comment in front of that line did fix the problem, I just wasn't sure what else it did or what else it affects

This is the relevant page from php.net. Essentially, that line tells PHP not to rewrite URLs to include the session ID when cookies are not required, which is why Force Cookie Use also works. osCommerce handles session IDs manually, so it doesn't need this to be turned on. Note: this shouldn't affect spider session behavior at all.

I was responding more to killer-g's question than yours. I.e. pointing out that, yes, there are other solutions to the problem.

Hth,

Matt

Archived