• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installationand PHP problems

GiftS

Hi,

I just uploadaed my oscommerce download to my web space. The thing is I'm having installation problems.

I dont know what to install the oscommerce program as (for eg. http://mysite.com/_______) so the only thing that comes up when you type in my web address is a page with information on osCommerce and the options to install or upgrade.

I think I have to upload php to create a phpmyadmin database. Why do I have to do that my hosting account comes with Apache, MYSQL and PHP. I really dont understand what is going on. If anyone knows how to install properly let me know.

Thank you.

Thanks for your quick response Matt. I already did that and this happened

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/giftseas/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/home/giftseas/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/giftseas/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

When I tried clicking on administration or catalog at the bottom of the page both returned page not found messages.

Totally clueless!

Archived