• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IMPORTANT if you want AOL customers

Speedy6963

MAKE SURE to set Check IP address to false in your sessions config if you want AOL users to be shop your store. Please leave comment if you have been able to run site with Check IP address TRUE and not have problems with AOL customers being contsantly redirected to the login page.

Thanks

[*Edit - please present your website using the 'website' field on your profile edit page - Matti]

Car Shop Inc.

421 12th street

Moline, IL 61265

Btw, this would be in admin :arrow: Configuration :arrow: Sessions in 2.2MS2. Melinda (modom) posted this a while back. Apparently AOL can handle Force Cookie Use, but not the other settings.

Hth,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I just ran into this problem & am about to change this setting. Should Check User Agent also be changed to false?

MAKE SURE to set Check IP address to false in your sessions config if you want AOL users to be shop your store. Please leave comment if you have been able to run site with Check IP address TRUE and not have problems with AOL customers being contsantly redirected to the login page.

Thanks

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to this osCommerce package and trying to read all the information before I go poking around changing stuff :) However, I do not see this Check IP under Session - there's NOTHING listed there... Should I be concerned??? I am using the 2.2 version (to the best of my knowledge) I definitely need AOL users to be able to access (they're over 60% of my visitors).

Also, if anyone happens to be in the Las Vegas NV area or has worked with this shopping cart for a while and wouldn't mind helping a newbie out with guidance, please send me an email.

Thanks!

Mike Henderson

Archived