• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple stores with a shared admin?

Dragonmom

I cant' find the thread that talked about this! I want to install a second store on a subdomain, but use only one admin. Any tips?

What files do I need to alter to direct one storefron to the admin panel in the other directory, it seems to me that's all I'd need to do. I thought if I put admin into my root folder, both stores would find it? yessno?

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Yes - both stores would find it - however it is currently only able to use ONE database per CONFIGURATION.PHP file. So if you had 2 simular sites with the sames customers and products (But with differnt URL/looks/storename/setup) - it might work - with a little extra hacking....

ugh, I was afraid of that- one is family friendly, one is more adult. Never the twain shall meet, or i get into trouble with the PC police. Yeah, it's two sets of panels I guess. And two DBS, therefore? That's no problem, i have plenty :)

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Yes - both stores would find it - however it is currently only able to use ONE database per CONFIGURATION.PHP file. So if you had 2 simular sites with the sames customers and products (But with differnt URL/looks/storename/setup) - it might work - with a little extra hacking....

well one idea would be to place a switch in the admin/includes/application_top file so you would be able to switch DB via the admin tool....

then you would need only one copy of the admin to handle both shops....

cheers and HTH

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Actually - there is a post about adding prefixes to the files to differentiate - maybe set them to share the customers info but not the products info.

Archived