• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to... Know the order ID before the Checkout? help please

Hi,

I was looking how to know the order ID before the checkout, this is because I need this field to send to the local credit card procesor.

Does anybody knows how can I make this...

Please help...

Thanks

Edwin

PS: I find a contribution "logging orders before payment" but I dont need to keep this info...

It normally doesn't create the order until *after* payment is verified. Thus, to get it to work, you have to create the order early and log it somewhere so that you can erase it if necessary (i.e. if payment fails).

Hth,

Matt

There is a contribution that will write the order to the database, thereby creating the order number brefore the completion of the checkout. I don't remember the name of it though.

Then you could query the orders table, and display the order id before completing the order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived