• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Critique on Site Needed Before Going Live!

Leonardo

Hey everyone, please check out my site, which will go live very soon. This is a wholesale candle store which requires login info. Use login info provided below. The site is 95% complete, the info on the default page obviously needs to be changed but most everything else is ready to go.

Thanks for all who took the time to review! I really appreciate it!

Login: [email protected]

Pass: oscommerce

turtle power!

Browsing around, I noticed that the image on http://wholesale.northernlightscandle.com/...&products_id=21 has a lot of white in it. I.e. the actual image only takes up about a ninth of the space. It would make more sense to me to make the image take up the whole frame (i.e. crop off excess white). It looks like this happens with other images as well.

No SSL yet. You didn't mention this, so I thought that I would remind you.

Hth,

Matt

i looked around and think it looks nice

if you want me to complain about something it would be the textcolor in categories , i think it could be little more darker blue, it?s more easy to read then :D

Cya

I think it looks pretty good, but at a higher screen resolution I find there is too much white space. I usually don't say much about white space but in this case it looks odd.

You might want to try to fix the size of the site to 760 or percentage lower then 100%, maybe 80%.

Or you could set a background color. Like a light shade of blue. IMHO.

HTH. :)

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

First thing that strikes me and puts me off is that there's no information about what you're selling or doing, yet you want me to create an account before allowing me access to the site. I suggest putting at least a "about us" blurb somewhere that you can read, so you know why you're signing up.

Oh, and put the privacy message there too, so people don't worry that they've just put their particulars into a spam machine...

Hope this is useful...

-al

Archived