• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Compleate N00B needs help

Hey all,

Great program this OSCommerce, however, I am a compleate n00b to open source. I need to know how to edit the shipping policies and other default information to reflect my policies/store. I can find the files such as index.php but I am not sure where to enter the text and I don't want to edit anything without knowing and mess up the file compleatley. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me :oops:

Tedd

www.gulfcoastmagic.net/store

To edit the information you desire, edit the appropriate files in the catalog/includes/languages/[language] folders. These files contain the text that is displayed on their respectively named pages.

You might also consider searching the contributions section as there are a few that provide very nice Conditions of Use and Privacy Policy statements. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks, however, as I stated before, I am a compleate n00b. Can you tell me step by step how to access the files?

Thanks again!

Tedd

OK, I think I found what I need but I get this error....

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/teddgcm/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/shipping.php

:idea:

1- must read the docs dat comez wid da s/ware.

2-under open source s/ware try to find yr answer by reading other mems. post.

believe, da odds of you stumbling over a bug, is very remote, dhere's mills of mems, of dhere,scene.

y'll find a gold nugget in someone else's post - i stumble across some dope here today, check out da mean problem posts at da top dude.

Legsman, dat boy keeps it wide open, ya'll

i love LAMP tools and other open source software initiatives, I would liket to get involved in and hack a website together.

y'al know da deal, here, GPL world wide, so keep it real and wide open, for us ordianry mortals.

Archived