• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configure.php problems!

ShowdownShop.com

On my store front, I keep getting the message that says:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /..../..../..../..../includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Whenever I goto the location of the configure file, I always get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /...../...../includes/configure.php on this server.

What do or can I do?

How are you accessing the files? SSH, Telnet or FTP? Or possably though your site's cpanel???

You better fix that ASAP or some one (nearlly anyone could if they tried) might change it on you.

Change mode command or 'chmod' is a unix type of file attrib (like DOS/Windows System/Read only/archive/hidden ect.)

If you have SSH or Telnet then login and type "chmod 664 <path to your file>/includes/configure.php"

If you are using a FTP client they have varous way to set chmod THOUGH the client (try right clicking on the file and look for chmod/attrib command) - ie: WS-FTP has radio buttons to set read/write/excute (which makes up each number) for 3 groups - Owner, Group and Other (which relate to the three diffent digits) Chmod a file 664 is the same as having check marks beside: Owner -Read & Write=6, Group - Read=4, Other - Read=4. Command sent is "chmod 664" on that file.

Your Cpanel may have some feature to do this also.

In a Windows based websever - setting the file to READ ONLY would work.

Archived