• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding text to the shopping cart page

I am a bit stuck. I don't know php but I thought I'd figured out what I had to do from looking at the files. I am trying to add some text to the bottom of the shopping cart to say:

'Please note that due to high bank charges we are unable to accept orders of less than ?1. All such orders will be subject to a ?1 administration fee. We apologise for any inconvenience.'

I went to catalog/shopping_cart.php and added:

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><br><?php echo LOW_ORDER_FEE; ?></td>

</tr>

Then I went to catalog/includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php and put:

define('LOW_ORDER_FEE', 'Please note that due to high bank charges we are unable to accept orders of less than ?1. All such orders will be subject to a ?1 administration fee. We apologise for any inconvenience.');

But it didn't work. Nothing comes up at all. Why? What did I do wrong? Or didn't do that I should have?

Where did you add it? Try replacing LOW_ORDER_FEE in the echo with 'Low Order Fee'. If it still doesn't print anything, then you are probably adding it inside a branch where it is not going (e.g. an if with a false condition).

Hth,

Matt

I added it below the buttons. I really wanted it above the buttons but I didn't know where to put it so I settled for below as I thought I could figure out where to put it then.

The whole last section now looks like this:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

<td align="right" class="main"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT); ?></a></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CART_EMPTY; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main"><br><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I'm sure you're right I that I've just put it in the wrong place but I don't know enough to know where to put it.

If I have put it in the wrong place do you think you could tell me where it needs to go as it does need to be there. I could put it on the front page but I don't want to put it there as they need to know why extra money has been added to the total.

TIA

Move it after the

<?php

}

?>

that it is before now. The } closes out the else, so it will only show when the if is false now.

Hth,

Matt

It worked!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

*gives Matt a big hug and a kiss and then :oops: *

;)

It must be good to know how to do all of this complicated stuff.

I now would like a little more help with this one.

I want to display the text only if the subtotal is less than ?1. So if a customer orders more than ?1 (which hopefully most of them will) they never need to know about it.

So something like IF $SUBTOTAL <1 THEN PRINT (OK I learned BASIC about a million years ago)

But fancied up into php, whatever it should be.

Any ideas on what I should put?

<?php 

if ($cart->total < 1.00) {

?>

<tr> 

</tr> 

<?php

}

?>

would be the syntax. I'm not sure if $cart->total is correct or not.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks for the syntax. I can remember about enough BASIC to make the screen scroll "I am ace" with flashing background, which is what I used to do when I was 10!! I used to be able to program my old BBC B to play music in three part harmony, but that was a long time ago now.

Might it be subtotal?

Archived