• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stock control improved

arbocenc

Hi,

I think it would be nice a stock control improved. I've done some modifications in my shop (v2.2 August), but I think it would be nice OSC has these features added...

Lacks of OSC:

- a new product field to establish minimum_stock you want have in your shop (now there only are stock_re-order_level, for all the products!!).

There are products you need to have a bigger minimum stock because they are sold quickly)

- a new product field to establish the amount_to_buy (to your supplier)

I need buy a lot of items from several products, but only a few from other products. Besides of this, maybe you choose better proces from some products if you buy full packs (it depends of supplier conditions)

- if you sell food, you maybe need a "best before" data field, to control the products out of date...

- a new table to relate brands/manufacturers with suppliers (I've got suppliers that sell several brands)

- In the manufacturers table it's useful have some more fields (minimunt_amount_to_order, e-mail_to_send_orders, notes...

At last, I've made some reports to send to my suppliers... (a good idea is you've got a list of suppliers and, when you achieve minumum_amount_to_order, a green image appears.

Now, I've made almost all of this changes, but you need modify a lot of files and table to enable it, and when you want to update your OSC version, you must do them again :-(

Regards,

Joan

[email protected]

www.delaterra.net

organic food in Catalonia

Archived