• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'm a newbie, how do I begin?

oscomgirl

Hi

My site is currently using Paypal. How can I use oscommerce? I only know HTML (can get by with it). How can I use both paypal and oscommerce? Instead of just paypal, can I use other gateways? If so, do I need a merchant account? I have no idea how it works but I know I need more than just paypal. How do I get started?

Thanks very much. :oops:

my server support has installed the oscommerce for me but when i go to admin panel, no login was requirred...is this normal....and then i tried to add product category and then it said like catalog/images/do not have writable permission... how do fix this and why doesn't my admin panel have a login security?

Thanks!

Your Hosting provider should supply a CPanel for you to manage your domain, if yes password protect your admin folder with "directory protection

And for your catalog/images folder it should be chmod to 777

HTH

The_Bear

but my server uses drwxrwxr-x on the catalog permission and the catalog/images permission. we don't use the number (777) so which one is 777 permission equivalent in my case? i have password protect the catalog/admin folder and have tried to add new product category and the message shown are

Error: Destination not writeable.

Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: /home/mysite/www/www/catalog/images/

Please advise...i can't find these errors on the given link above. TIA!

Archived