• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding products

katerone12

ok i can't seem to find a users guide anywhere, i have installed osCommerce successfully and i am trying to add products/categories, and i am successful doing so, but the status is inactive or RED, how do i make them active? what am i missing, and where is the guide?

please help

Make sure you have at least 1 in the 'Stock Quantity' field in the admin>categories product edit page - you can then set is as active using the 'stock' radio fields in the product edit page, or by clicking the green circle on the product page.

There is a guide here:

http://wiki.oscommerce.com

i did, i added quantity, i was able to add a product and have it show up to an existing catagory, it worked fine, but if i add a new category it doesn't work. is there anything else i might be missing, the green active button is grey so i can't click on it to activate it.

What happens if you open the product edit page and set it as 'in stock'?

Also, what mods do you have installed? version of osCommerce?

well when i open the product edit page, the radio button at the top is already checked into stock, i have a qty of 100, down in the field below, but when i save it, the status button still remains in red, and green greyed out. would you mind taking a look at it, can i email you my admin page info?

You accidentally started another thread :shock:

Yes, version 2.2 - hopefully MS2 - CVS is the development version - I will check when I take a look in your admin

Your top level category was set as inactive - this would have affected the ones below - I set it as active and all appears ok to me 8)

cool thanks, two questions for you if you don't mind...

1. how did you set it as active (for future refference)

2. if it was set as inactive, wouldn't that have also set the other catagories inactive? (i ask because the other ones seemed to be active)

thanks

categories/products can be set inactive/active individually - to set the category as active I held my cursor over the greyed out green button and clicked

i sware i must have done that over a million times and nothing happened, thanks, it must be SAFARI (browser) it's done that with other sites as well, i'm going to work with IE and see what happens:

verdict:

what do you know it works in IE, just in case you find someone else using safari, with the same problem, let them know it doesn't work on safari.... thanks

Archived