• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change layout search results / categories contents

Hello there,

I've installed osCommerce a few days ago and so far I'm really enjoying the huge amount of features. It took some getting used to, but I'm getting better every day fiddling with the various settings to customize everything to my liking. I discovered this forum yesterday and learned already quite a bit from it. I intend to share my experiences once I've covered the learning curve.

Here's a nut I haven't been able to crack, either because I'm not looking at the right files or just don't understand it's code :oops:

This is what I want to do: I'm selling DVDs and for this purpose I have made various modifications to include extra fields in products_description (year, DVD edition, actors, etc.).

I would like to edit the appearance of the page that displays either search results or the contents of a category (the page that in my case displays a thumbnail, product name, price, buy now). The column Products Name should list the Products Name like this:

$products_name . ' (' . products_year . ')<br>' . $products_edition . ' (' . $products_aspect . ')'

This would for example not display "Star Trek: Nemesis" but "Star Trek Nemesis (2002)" and on the next line "Special Edition (Widescreen)".

I have waded through numerous files but I cannot get this done. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.:roll:

Best regards,

Willem van der Berg

(The Netherlands)

Archived