• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Good Script, But Big Problem

So, it seems that you cannot run more than One (1) osCommerce on the Same Server.

Or can you.

Does anyone know.

I have tried to install osCommerce on two different sites, seperate Domains, but both domains are located on the same Server, and it seems that this cannot be done, as each osCommerce installation cross over each other.

That is pulling data and links from each other.

Is it possible to have osCommerce installed with milti installations on the same server.

I really like this osCommerce, but unless I can have muliple installations on the same server, it is useless to me.

Hope someone has the answer

Please help

You can definitely have multiple osCommerce sites on the same server!

I have dozens of Hosting clients that all run osCommerce sites on the same server without issue... and all are happy.

Sounds to me like you have the same database configured for both sites. So instead of each store using its own database, you have them looking at the same one.

I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like.

Hope this helps.

-R

Sounds to me like you have the same database configured for both sites. So instead of each store using its own database, you have them looking at the same one.

No, defineately seperate databases.

Very pleased to hear it can be done though

Not all the same info is pulled.

EG Site A and Site B is completely seperate, and all works OK, both show their respective different products etc, now problems, but Site A pulls the Manufacturer info from Site B, if in Site A you click on the Manufacturers link or box, it actually Takes You to Site B, Not Just pull the data, it actually takes you to that site.

Yet both have different products, and the products and everything else works ok seperately

Any Ideas

Okay... try checking your path settings in configure.php. Make sure everything is pointing to the right path for each of the sites.

-R

Ok, think I found the problem.

The two problem sites are Sub-Domains of the same Domain.

When Installed on two completely seperate domains everything seems to be OK.

Would seem that two installation on the same site/domain is a problem.

Will do some more testing.

Hope this is all the problem is.

Thanks for your help/replies ugottasalsa.

Really impressed with this osCommerce.

My guess is that both cache's are located in the same tmp directoy.

Try turning off the cache in admin.

Admin >> Configuration >> Cache

Use Cache = false

Let me know how you go,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Archived