• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My first oscommerce store please check it out!

paulmuddib

My new store is gonna open next month so any information on how to improve would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the items in the database have no descriptions, figured I would critiqued while I added the descriptions and kill two tasks at the same time.

Thanks everyone for all the help in the forums and the great contribs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is the address www.firstop.com/index.php

I agree on the flash header, make it a little more subtle, it takes away from the content.

Another pointer, use readable fonts in stores, especially on buttons! The highlighting on the buttons isnt necessary. Looks like you used a bevel or something, but its a square button using a rounded bevel...some 'good' photoshop tutorials here: http://www.good-tutorials.com/

The blue trim on the header/footer, and color of the buttons doesnt really seem to fit well, maybe try the light blue you use in the category navigation. (integrity is key to color schemes....)

I have a few basic suggestions for contributions to install:

pdf catalog

meta tags in header

category descriptions

I suggest you browse the contributions section here at OSC. Also, your images arent properly proportioned, so maybe search the forums for a good fix for that, I use a contrib, but some people have their own theory on the best fix.

Take a look at what these developers and users have made for this great cart! Alot can be done to improve your store with a little bit of time and effort.

Have fun!

Jesse Rooney

http://www.proforcesoftware.net - Digital Real Estate Software

http://www.resomedia.com - Design & E-Solutions

Jesse Rooney

Small photos seem to be a bit distorted on the opening page (watches, bird, etc.). They show a product wider and when you click on the small photo to see the product info it shows real shape of the product.

Janika

hi guys

Thank for the feedback i will look in to it.

Anyway i have a question how do you make the language english only?:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

go to your administration console

Click on Localization, then Languages.

I deleted the default ones and left english as default.

I made sure I didnt have those languages uploaded, wasted space on the web server if you ask me ;p

hope thats what you were looking to do.

Jesse Rooney

Header must go completely. Flash is not supported by everyone. More so now then before but still, you should stay from that especially in a commerce site. The images used in the header look pretty good just make it smaller and static (no flash).

I agree on text. use readable text on your buttons (arial, verdana, etc.)

The images are distorted because you have a width and height defined in the images administration. Set either the height or width only not both.

For example:

Set the width to 100 and the height to nothing, just leave it blank and save.

That will make the images look more proportional.

The site also set to 100% width by default. Either set your header to 100% or make the bottom a fixed size such as 794 witch is the size of your header and center it too.

HTH

Good Luck.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Archived