• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

session problems

Ok

am trying to integrate my shop into a template I have made I got the looks to match the rest but the problem is when some one add some thing to the cart and let?s say goes to the home page that I made not osc the cart empties.

This is how I have seen ppl sites list products that have integrated /product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/212 do they use cookies?

But on my shop I see product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/212?osCsid=32f83a44268a5b526ccca5482b497da2 and when the Sid gets lost so does the cart, please help do I need to force cookies?

I want to remove the ?osCsid=32f83a44268a5b526ccca5482b497da2

A example of the shop that woks like I want to is www.hotpeds.com

Using the slashes in the url is known as Search Engine Safe URLs.

This can be enabled from Admin ~ Configuration ~ My store. Be aware that this feature is still under development and may cause problems with contributions.

For a good SID Killer, which will remove the session id from the url, look in the contributions forum for a topic from Burt regarding the subject of a spider killer.

Within that topic you will find the necessary code to prevent spiders from creating sessions.

Note that osC MS2 already had a spider killer available in Admin ~ Configuration ~ Sessions.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

maybe i should explane a bit more my prob is when someone leaves treh shop and lets say visits the forum their cart emtys the same happens if they got to teh hame page that i have made.

does that make sense?

would i need to use cookies? if so how do i do that

Thanks

If you wish for a user's session to remain after they have left the site and then return you will need to use cookies.

If you have osC MS2, there is a Force Cookies option in Admin ~ Configuration ~ Sessions.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

i have tryed that and many other that test for me also have that prob also when teh cookies are on the categories dispear ????

im stumped

Hi-

I just installed a clean copy of 2.2 MS2 and chose to keep my old database from MS1. I have been into admin and I do not have a 'session' option. Do I need to create a new table in the database, and what fields/values do I need to input?

What other options am I missing from not having the install create a new database for me?

Thanks for all your help,

Paul.

Archived