• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OMG!! Please help me with configuration.php

markchiu

Hi, I totally have no idea about this thing at all :cry: !! Could you plese tell me what I have done and what can I do to change it.....and I am using the oscommerce from ipowerweb...the error shows below

home/yadyshop/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/admin/configuration.php on line 72

this is about the wrong file: tep_get_toronto_canada() ....how can I change this??? Should I delete it then the configuration page would be back at normal??? :? :?

could someone please help, I am really appreciated and can you also tell me how can i edit the php code on which language program ???

Thank you so much!!!

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

hi, olby thanks for the help..no the file was i added during trying how to figure out the system...as this is my very first time of os commerce software.....I was adding the tep_get_toronto_canada() during the my store configuration...after I saved it then it became this message..

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_toronto_canada() in /home/yadyshop/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/admin/configuration.php on line 72

anyhow....so what you were saying is that ask the internet service provider or my hosting ipowerweb to reinstall the configuration.php???

I really have no knowledge at all.... :(

thank you for helping

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

hi, I also wonder that what is the difference between the key and the function...if I set up the key, do I need to choose the function??? I did choose tep_get_toronto_canada() and saved while tried to figure out the my store parameter.....

Do a fresh install.

Next time don't enter the funtion.

When installing you need the following information:

your domain name

the folders that oscommerce is placed in

database user

database password

database name

database server

If you're unsure of any of these, then contact your ISP.

I don't know what you call a key in the above information. It might be some information for you to use elsewhere on your site - like a C-panel.

Best Regards

olby

OMG!! you know what olby...i am so stupid on how to do the refresh install of this...and I don't know if I am still able to do it with the Preview Release 2.0 of The Exchange Project.....or I should download the 2.2ms2 version??? And gee.....could you please tell me the detail on how to install the software....really have no idea about it..I know how to ftp files.....but installation have no idea.... :lol: :oops:

olby thank you lots for this... :D

Hi, olby sorry again, I would like to ask step by step through my idea, and please if you see any steps are wrong, then just say it :) Thnx

According at the installation page

Upload the /catalog/admin directories to your server using FTP to upload files.

All PHP files must be uploaded in ASCII mode, and not binary.

The structure of the oscommerce is:

oscommerce-2.2ms2

catalog / admin

extras

Upload the catalog folder which includes the admin folder to your document root (public_html, www, htdocs) using ftp. If you want the admin folder outside of the catalog folder then upload it to the root folder instead of the catalog folder.

After uploading for the normal installation your structure looks like this:

public_html, www, or htdocs

catalog / admin

Root Directory Installation

To install the catalog folder files into the root directory put the files from the catalog folder into the root directory & the admin folder into the root directory. Then, point your domain to:

yourserver.com/install/ and setup changing the Step 4 configuration to this:

So this part is saying that create two directories under public_html which are first the catelogue then second under cate created the admin folder????

Then I point it too: http://www.yadyshop.com/catelogue/admin/install/

Is this right????

Thank you so much !  :)

Hi again.

More or less :)

On your PC you may select the top-folder, catalog, and copy that by ftp to your servers /html/-folder.

Your ftp-program then copies the folder catalog and all underlying folders for you :)

When you want to continue the installation you must use this URL:

http://www.yadyshop.com/catalog/install/install.php

Admin isn't used for the installation.

Best Regards

olby

Oh..thanks olby help :D

however....man i am so stupid but allow me to understand what you said

1. created or selected the catelog from the oscommerce extra files??? right??

2. Using ftp and created a file called catelog on the server as well??? right?? then upload the catelog from pc to the hosting server which is under the www.yadyshop.com????

Gee....sorry to ask these stupid questions....but just would like to make sure!!! :oops: :oops: :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Hi markchiu.

No you must upload this folder (and everything within it):

C:<your-dir>oscommerce-2.2ms2catalog

to this location:

/public_html/

The folder on your server should then be:

/public_html/catalog/<all files>

When done you call this URL:

http://www.yadyshop.com/catalog/install/install.php

Best Regards

olby

Hello, olby...sorry to ask an extra question, how secured is the oscom2.2ms2?? How would I install the ssl or so called the 128 bits security??? And when sould I install it during which step within the whole installation

???

Wow, big thanks for keeping teaching me lo :D

hi olby...im in the install.php page now....but then should i choose the new installation link or just click continue while the option of Import Catalog Database: and the option of Automatic Configuration: are selected??

HI.

Choose New install.

Dir extras contains a lot of extra information, that you should read, but not upload to your server.

SSL - If you have it, then check the check-box "Use SSL", otherwise contact your ISP for the SSL.

Best Regards

olby

excellent thanks a lot !!!

but hehe....still got some questions....(sigh)...sorry...... :( :oops:

**Webserver Root Directory - /home/username/public_html/ **

The server path to the online store

The directory where osCommerce is installed on the server, for example /home/myname/public_html/

**HTTP Cookie Domain - www.mine.com **

The domain to store cookies in

The full or top-level domain to store the cookies in, for example www.my-server.com

**HTTP Cookie Path - / **

The path to store cookies under

The web address to limit the cookie to, for example /catalog/

**Enable SSL Connections - if you have ssl enable this **

Enable secure SSL/HTTPS connections (requires a secure certificate installed on the web server)

1. is the root directory gonna be /home/yadyshop/public_html/ ???

2. is the HTTP Cookie Domain gonna be www.yadyshop.com ???

3. is the HTTP Cookie Path gonna be a my created cookie folder, say /catelog/yadycookies/ ??? is this right???

4. of course the ssl thing go asking the hosting company right??? :) __________

Thanks again, appreciated all your help, really :D :D :D

Archived