• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Couple of quistions about Commerce

Pimmy

Hey, i am planning to make a online gamesshop and i got a couple of quistions.

*The order statusses, can u change them? I mean if i want shipped to be something else i can change it.

*Do you need much coding experience?

*Is Commerce working with colors for the lay out or with pictures?

*If u got experience with Commerce, do u like it?

Thanks,

Pim

1.) yes

2.) For a regular stock install of OSC, no. If you want to change the pictures, buttons, colors and fonts, and add a contribtuion or two, you'll need a little. If you want to completly change the layout, or modify or add major functionality, you'll need a lot.

3.) huh?

4.) yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

You can change the order statusses to anything you want, and add more statusses too.

I think its hard to say if you need experience, over the last year i have gone from a HTML novice to being able to understand and modify PHP coding.

I dont think you need any experience if you've got the head for it.

without OSC i wouldn't have or even be near to what i've got now.

I'm trying to start a business with the site i've modified, and even if that fails i feel i can easily sell something else using OSC, or offer services to businesses offering a online shop-in-a-box! Not many people where i live can do that.

Hope this helps

Caspar

FyersArt.com

Wow, quick reactions! Thanks guys! I wanted to install but it says that register_globals must be enabled.. so in the ini i changed register globals 2 times in On but it keep saying that. any solution?

Bye,

Pim

P.S. I first wanted 2 try php shop, wow that is shit if u know commerce!

Archived